Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Expander with tipped molars  

RSS
Mewem143

Purchased a palatal expander on bracesshop to make enough space for my tongue, however did not realize that both my upper molars are a bit tipped from mewing. Anyone have any advice on what I do with the expander? Should I file down the parts that hit my molars? Or expand with it until I have enough space for my tongue, start mewing again, and see if the molars naturally shift/ re align?

PS- Also thinking about shaving down the frontal parts that hit my incisors since I will only expand laterally (not expanding using the forward notch hitting the incisors), anyone have experience with this?

Posted : 15/08/2020 11:56 am
Topic Tags
Kilroy

If you aren't planning on using the expansion screw forward, which doesn't seem to be a good idea, why not just remove that whole part and not having to have acrylic taking up that space in your mouth?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/08/2020 2:23 pm
Mewem143

@kilroy You're right, I'll most likely shave it off or something, similar to what TGW did: https://the-great-work.org/adult-palate-expansion-progress/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/08/2020 2:34 pm
Kilroy liked