fbpx
Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Expanded my IMW by 6-7mm by Mewing and now my bite is wrong what do I do?

answersfoundingold
(@answersfoundingold)

Mewed for 2 months and expanded my upper arch by 6 or 7 mm. that's all well and good except my bottom arch did not follow. So now my first molars on my right side touch the bottom teeth a little before the left side and it's causing pain in my tooth. I think this is maybe because a filling I had is too large and since my IMW is wider now, a different part of the tooth is coming into contact with my first molar on the right side screwing up my bite. I guess I need to go to a dentist? But what so I do about my upper arch being too wide for the lower arch? should I stop mewing? 

Topic starter Posted : 28/12/2020 7:46 pm
Meowxilla
(@meowxilla)
100+ Forum Posts

Don't stop mewing. Maybe try thumbpulling theeth on mandible to expand them also. On this forum is a thread about thumbpulling. I recommend you to check it out before doing it.

It's insane if you expanded 6-7mm but i doubt it. How old are you? For 2 months this is just insane. I guess you are younger or overestimated expansion.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/12/2020 8:45 am
answersfoundingold
(@answersfoundingold)

@meowxilla

ur right. I measured multiple times by pressing on carboard and then measuring between the first molars. about 2 months ago it was 36-37mm, measuring now it is 38-39mm. I incorrectly measured before, I think I measured my second molars. I'm 21, my suture appears to be open on both palates.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 31/12/2020 6:12 am
auxiliary
(@auxiliarus)
500+ Forum Posts

I doubt your upper arch expanded without expanding your lower arch as well, to me it seems like you tipped your upper teeth giving you a false impression of widening.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/01/2021 3:12 am
WHCCARDIO
(@whccardio)
10+ Forum Posts

Mike Mew in his treatment of adult patients makes clear that chewing is an essential part to expansion. His programme is pricey so I don't think we can ever know the full ins and outs of his treatment for adult expansion but I imagine chewing is very important while the maxilla expands so that occlusion is retained. So basically chew more and I would actually give it a break until your bite becomes comfortable.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/01/2021 10:03 am

THE GREAT WORK

Warning:
Your Cranial Sutures Need To Be open for CranioSacral / Jaw Development!