fbpx
Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Even Bill Hang doesn't take all from Dr. John and Mike Mew

darkindigo
(@darkindigo)
500+ Forum Posts

Truthfully, it's not uncommon to bash others in the field when you get high enough up in orthodontics.  A prominent world leader in orthodontics who hangs with Dr. Dwight Damon said to avoid them in lieu of RPE.  I won't say names... but there's drama based around patents and stuff... So... it shouldn't be surprising that Dr. Bill Hang (BIG follower of Mews & even attended Dr. John's recent birthday party) isn't buying it all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0ZRkXIBIpw

Topic starter Posted : 23/12/2018 1:21 am
Fred
 Fred
(@fred)
200+ Forum Posts

I have some questions related to the link. What if it's a light touch? I'm not understanding, is it due to clenching or having your teeth together lightly together?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/12/2018 5:45 am
Greensmoothies
(@greensmoothies)
200+ Forum Posts

I see a lot of posts where you emphasize the importance of teeth together and don't seem to like the appliances that keep them separate such as a myobrace, I suppose, maybe others. Do you agree with Dr. Hang's video or what are your thoughts on keeping the teeth together @darkindigo also do you happen to know a quick/rough estimate assessment method for curve of spee

Remember this pain... and let it activate you.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/12/2018 6:22 am
Achilles1
(@achilles1)
100+ Forum Posts

Mew never said clench, he said butterfly bite or teeth slightly apart

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/12/2018 8:32 am
Abdulrahman
(@abdulrahman)
500+ Forum Posts
Posted by: Achilles1

Exactly, then some excited, but confused, forum member swears he got amazing results from keeping his teeth together hard or even clenching and it becomes part of mewing. Then some forum members create new classification "light touch", "hard touch", "light mew", "hard mew", and only serve to confuse new people trying to learn mewing more.

my story: http://www.aljabri.com/blog/my-story/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/12/2018 10:40 am
darkindigo
(@darkindigo)
500+ Forum Posts
Posted by: Greensmoothies

I see a lot of posts where you emphasize the importance of teeth together and don't seem to like the appliances that keep them separate such as a myobrace, I suppose, maybe others. Do you agree with Dr. Hang's video or what are your thoughts on keeping the teeth together @darkindigo also do you happen to know a quick/rough estimate assessment method for curve of spee

Thanks for mentioning about that.  I don't touch my teeth together... I just hate stuff between the teeth that obstructs them from being "able" to touch... but... uh... I'm a naturalist.  Too many times what ends up happening is that if you have something like the Myobrace it lengthens the face... reason being that you can't even touch your teeth together with it in.  Over time this impacts the facial developmenet to be longer.  Their own research shows it is statistically significant with a P value with triple 0s.  That's a statistics thing about how much it is to chance.  Anyway... I just thought it was interesting that Dr. Bill Hang had concerns about not just long face syndrome... but squishing things up.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 23/12/2018 12:39 pm
darkindigo
(@darkindigo)
500+ Forum Posts
Posted by: Abdulrahman
Posted by: Achilles1

Exactly, then some excited, but confused, forum member swears he got amazing results from keeping his teeth together hard or even clenching and it becomes part of mewing. Then some forum members create new classification "light touch", "hard touch", "light mew", "hard mew", and only serve to confuse new people trying to learn mewing more.

Yes... clenching is so bad.  I've even read somewhere that the ideal position is teeth slightly apart.  I think that makes a ton of sense.  If you WANT to drive your maxilla up and your condyles have the room for it... and you don't mind your chin coming forward (it should keep coming with age... so project that out)... then I suppose that keeping teeth together is as good as jamming your tongue up.  The problem with jamming your tongue up high is that every action has an opposite and equal reaction.  Doing so causes curve of spee...  It looks like a bookshelf bowing under heavy pressure.  The Mews were onto this... so they talk about positioning... and not about pressure.  I wish that they would have outlined that pressure can cause curve of spee.  It's an extremely rare condition (or *used* to be).

What I really liked about this video... is showing how extremes are bad... Too low AND too high.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 23/12/2018 12:43 pm

THE GREAT WORK