fbpx
Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

VITAL method for tracking results

Mewer000
(@mewer000)
10+ Forum Posts

The mewindicator score is a measurement you use a ruler from the tip of your front incisor to the most forward/front tip of the nose. I believe every user here should measure this over atleast the next year so we can really have some fact based results on actual forward growth as pictures can be decieving. Ive measured mine at 49mm im going to report back in a year to let use know of any improvment in measurement i gain if any. This really is the only way to know if forward maxilla movment is possible in adults, i encourage every user here to do this measurement and report back on their results

• If anyone has already done this measurement and seen a decrease in the measurement (improvment) pls share your results and experience of how it was achieved, thanks
Topic starter Posted : 14/08/2018 7:39 am
Dominik
(@dominik)
100+ Forum Posts

Mine is 45 mm... fug that is 5 to 7 mm off. Should be 38 to 40 only...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/08/2018 5:21 pm
EddieMoney
(@eddiemoney)
500+ Forum Posts

50mm since last measured but that was a few months ago.

Also if your incisors are retroclined you have to measure differently as seen in this post.

https://www.facebook.com/orthotropics/photos/a.438740862823750.99128.191194527578386/730924590272041/?type=3

Retroclined incisors will increase your score since technically human incisors are supposed to have a natural proclination.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/08/2018 6:34 pm
Dominik liked
Dominik
(@dominik)
100+ Forum Posts
Posted by: EddieMoney

50mm since last measured but that was a few months ago.

Also if your incisors are retroclined you have to measure differently as seen in this post.

https://www.facebook.com/orthotropics/photos/a.438740862823750.99128.191194527578386/730924590272041/?type=3

Retroclined incisors will increase your score since technically human incisors are supposed to have a natural proclination.

That makes sense. I didn't allow my orthodontist to remove my premolars. Basically told her to just align the teeth and we were done by 1 year and 3 months. Relapse occurred afterwards, but it wasn't as bad as my cousin for example who had her premolars removed by her.

The thing is, even after braces my premolars and molars both up and down are tipped in, palate is narrow compared to even the modern standard and I have an overbite due to how the front and back teeth meet. The mandible shifts 3 mm to the left as the teeth meet and I noticed my right side is tipped in more. If I relax my jaw, the mandible naturally shifts forward and ends in an under-bite of about 2 mm. This also shifts the mandible 3 mm to the right and aligns the jaws correctly and I have a strong jawline in this situation, but my upper palate (maxilla) is too small for the teeth to fit.

I estimate that if I can make around 2-3 mm forwards growth and properly expand the maxilla to 45 mm, my jaws will fit properly, the overbite will go away and this feeling of pressure between the mandible bone and my ear canal will ease up as I don't have to retract the mandible for my jaws to fit.

I doubt that this will improve my mew indicator tho.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/08/2018 10:23 am

THE GREAT WORK

Warning:
Your Cranial Sutures Need To Be open for CranioSacral / Jaw Development!