Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Effects of mewing on jawline and chin  

RSS
Kitsch0

So i understand that mewing will help your zygos and maxilla to grow forward, but i've been reading some people who realized that after mewing for some time their maxilla went forward but their jaw did not follow thus giving them a recessed chin compared to before. Has anyone seen this problem?

On the other hand, i already have pretty good posture and tongue resting position (although i never pushed with my tongue like when you mew) is it worth for me to start mewing then? will it have any effect on my jawline?

thx

Posted : 13/12/2018 10:31 am
EddieMoney
Reputable Member

What? I haven't heard of this. Mewing moves the jaw UP not "forward" so what you refer to isn't even a possibility 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/12/2018 11:20 pm
sparkyyy
Posted by: EddieMoney

What? I haven't heard of this. Mewing moves the jaw UP not "forward" so what you refer to isn't even a possibility 

Is there a way to create forward growth? What about FAGGA?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/12/2018 9:45 am
EddieMoney
Reputable Member
Posted by: sparkyyy
Posted by: EddieMoney

Is there a way to create forward growth? What about FAGGA?

Forward growth is a misnomer IMO. The distance between the incisors and nose shortens with upward growth and counterclockwise rotation of the face / palate expansion but the maxilla doesn't really get longer. Maybe FAGGA elongates the maxilla but I don't know that that is true for every case and I also don't think elongating the maxilla is really necessary to achieve aesthetic gains.

Primarily because midface shortening, a stronger chin, a decreased gonial angle, and more prominent zygos and eye support can be achieved with upswing and expansion. The maxilla doesn't really need to lengthen for this to happen. Lengthening may elongate the face anyway.

Keep in mind aesthetic improvements are never the goal with many devices. Once the ideal/average is reached, treatment is stopped. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/12/2018 2:39 pm