Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Don't chew gum. Just don't.  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS
aureliusacolyte

Message to all guys on this forum. Just trust me, its not worth it at all. I'll give my story to explain why this is:

I began to become super insecure about how I looked and saw all these guys with hollow cheeks and thought that if I had features like that it would make me considerably more attractive. I began chewing gum every day pretty much all the time and carried on doing this for months and months although I'm not sure how long exactly. Interestingly, I do now have hollow cheeks under the right lighting (which is the case for everyone with hollow cheeks), so at least there's that.

Its not quite as simple as that, though. I previously had a very slim face, which was also very angular (and consequently reasonably attractive). From chewing gum, I've now completely lost that. Since the size of masseters has increased I no longer have a slim face and now have a much fatter and unattractive face as a result. Also, I now have considerable pain in both my jaw muscles. I believe that astrosky has also stopped chewing gum as it was causing him quite a lot of health issues too (I might be wrong). Also, most of the time you will not be able to see hollow cheeks as in normal daylight or any form of lighting unless you have your head at specific angles it isn't even noticeable. 

You can even see from videos on youtube that, in most cases, chewing gum hasn't really improved facial features at all. It just fills out your face and makes it look far worse.

For those of you considering doing it for hollow cheeks, just bear in mind that having hollow cheeks is not the be all and end all in attractiveness. While I may have them now under right lighting conditions, most of the hollow cheeks you see in guys if due to really good lighting which casts shadows in exactly the right areas and brings them out more. Mine are not visible 90% of the time and it has not made me more attractive.

Don't [Rude Language or Insults are not tolerated] ruin your face guys, it's not worth it. Hitting the gym, mewing and having a clean diet and good skin routine will go way further than chewing gum.

Also... anyone on this forum know how to reduce the size of masseter muscles??? 😆 😆 

PS: I know people are going to claim I don't have hollow cheeks or whatever since I know it's quite a desirable thing for people to achieve and isn't common. If worst comes to worst I'll send a photo to a trusted member of the forum who won't spread the picture who can confirm.

Posted : 01/05/2020 5:45 pm
auxiliary
Estimable Member
Posted by: @aureliusacolyte

Message to all guys on this forum. Just trust me, its not worth it at all. I'll give my story to explain why this is:

I began to become super insecure about how I looked and saw all these guys with hollow cheeks and thought that if I had features like that it would make me considerably more attractive. I began chewing gum every day pretty much all the time and carried on doing this for months and months although I'm not sure how long exactly. Interestingly, I do now have hollow cheeks under the right lighting (which is the case for everyone with hollow cheeks), so at least there's that.

Its not quite as simple as that, though. I previously had a very slim face, which was also very angular (and consequently reasonably attractive). From chewing gum, I've now completely lost that. Since the size of masseters has increased I no longer have a slim face and now have a much fatter and unattractive face as a result. Also, I now have considerable pain in both my jaw muscles. I believe that astrosky has also stopped chewing gum as it was causing him quite a lot of health issues too (I might be wrong). Also, most of the time you will not be able to see hollow cheeks as in normal daylight or any form of lighting unless you have your head at specific angles it isn't even noticeable. 

You can even see from videos on youtube that, in most cases, chewing gum hasn't really improved facial features at all. It just fills out your face and makes it look far worse.

For those of you considering doing it for hollow cheeks, just bear in mind that having hollow cheeks is not the be all and end all in attractiveness. While I may have them now under right lighting conditions, most of the hollow cheeks you see in guys if due to really good lighting which casts shadows in exactly the right areas and brings them out more. Mine are not visible 90% of the time and it has not made me more attractive.

Don't [Rude Language or Insults are not tolerated] ruin your face guys, it's not worth it. Hitting the gym, mewing and having a clean diet and good skin routine will go way further than chewing gum.

Also... anyone on this forum know how to reduce the size of masseter muscles??? 😆 😆 

PS: I know people are going to claim I don't have hollow cheeks or whatever since I know it's quite a desirable thing for people to achieve and isn't common. If worst comes to worst I'll send a photo to a trusted member of the forum who won't spread the picture who can confirm.

If you just stop chewing the muscle size will reduce. Have you measured your vertical height before/after?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/05/2020 6:00 pm
Azrael
Estimable Member

I said something similar recently. For hollow cheeks, you first and foremost need pronounced cheekbones and chewing doesn't give that. Mewing does, over time though. Chewing just blows up your masseters just like bruxism does with far less tooth wear.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/05/2020 12:14 am
Thomas22
Trusted Member

Bruxism leads to a squarer jaw. I assume chewing gum would have a simile effect, but lord knows how much you’d have to do, and for how long. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/05/2020 4:46 am
aureliusacolyte
Posted by: @azrael

I said something similar recently. For hollow cheeks, you first and foremost need pronounced cheekbones and chewing doesn't give that. Mewing does, over time though. Chewing just blows up your masseters just like bruxism does with far less tooth wear.

You're absolutely right. If I had been mewing instead of chewing gum I would look 10 times better right now. Unfortunately back then I hadn't clocked on to mewing at al.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/05/2020 8:27 am
aureliusacolyte

@auxiliarus Not something I considered doing and I am currently no longer chewing gum in order to do this. I'd imagine it will take a while though and its stopping me from hard mewing which is quite irritating

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/05/2020 8:28 am
Azrael
Estimable Member

You're absolutely right. If I had been mewing instead of chewing gum I would look 10 times better right now. Unfortunately back then I hadn't clocked on to mewing at al.

Even now you are not too late, you still can improve your cheekbones, just don't chew (gum) more than 10 mins per day. Also, look at this guy who went overboard with chewing:

The after pic is horizontally inverted but still, it's obvious how chewing so much (for a year) did nothing for his orbital support and cheekbone projection. His masseters developed nicely, though which further shows the effects of chewing.

There's a fellow in this forum who advocates chewing for cheekbone improvement, I suggest you to not take his advice as it's counter-productive for what you are after.

Good luck.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/05/2020 9:37 am
auxiliary
Estimable Member

Even now you are not too late, you still can improve your cheekbones, just don't chew (gum) more than 10 mins per day. Also, look at this guy who went overboard with chewing:

The after pic is horizontally inverted but still, it's obvious how chewing so much (for a year) did nothing for his orbital support and cheekbone projection. His masseters developed nicely, though which further shows the effects of chewing.

There's a fellow in this forum who advocates chewing for cheekbone improvement, I suggest you to not take his advice as it's counter-productive for what you are after.

Good luck.

Cheekbone projection is mostly dictated by fat mass on face, his zygo width looks wider than average, there's no before or after but I'd guess his zygos grew on the side, it doesn't necessarily add much aesthetic though, but it can slightly increase fWHR.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/05/2020 10:36 am
auxiliary
Estimable Member

@auxiliarus Not something I considered doing and I am currently no longer chewing gum in order to do this. I'd imagine it will take a while though and its stopping me from hard mewing which is quite irritating

It matters how you chew, if you've mainly focused on masseters on the side then theory says you should see clockwise maxilla rotation and a shorter face, not always desirable. Chewing with temporalis muscles in theory makes head longer and actual zygos on the very side wider and bigger, it also makes maxilla smaller. As for chewing with pterygoids can in theory lead to counter-clockwise rotation and ramus growth. It's all theory though based on some studies showing correlations, no one knows what the causation is and whether it can change much in adults.

Pterygoid/masseter is supposed to lead to a short-face though, which again is not desirable. Maybe chewing is good for people with very long faces.

I tried chewing with masseters a lot and had same issue as you did, I now try to chew with different muscles and there's no more pain and zygos have become much wider. I'll make a before after soon, but it'll take some time, I've gained a ton of weight right now which I need to lose first(~10 kg).

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/05/2020 10:40 am
Loliboly liked
Azrael
Estimable Member
Posted by: @auxiliarus

Good luck.

Cheekbone projection is mostly dictated by fat mass on face, his zygo width looks wider than average, there's no before or after but I'd guess his zygos grew on the side, it doesn't necessarily add much aesthetic though, but it can slightly increase fWHR.

You were saying?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/05/2020 11:21 am
Fred liked
aureliusacolyte

@auxiliarus I recently reached 6 foot actually despite being 19 (I was also a VERY late bloomer so that's partially a factor). I also have terrible posture which means I probably could still increase me height. If you're referring to me somehow growing taller as a result of this, no, this is definitely not the case.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/05/2020 11:54 am
aureliusacolyte

@auxiliarus

I definitely haven't gotten a shorter face. I'm certainly sceptical over your claim that it would shorten my maxilla?

[Rude Language or Insults are not tolerated] it. Going to post a photo so you can see what I mean when I talk in the original post. No clear evidence to suggest that my maxilla may have rotated backwards. Very clear and defined cheekbones but my face it too wide. You can't really notice that I have a wide face in this picture but I can assure you if I were to take a photo and compared it to a photo of my face a few months back there is a noticeable difference in the width of my face which has consequently made me less attractive.

I'm fairly lucky with reasonably high cheekbones and decent facial structure and shape. The issues for me currently are reducing the size of my masseters slightly, having better eye support and improving my posture (I suffer from rounded shoulders, forward head position and anterior pelvic tilt). I also suffer from tmj and facial and bodily asymmetry but I'm soon going to start working on that.

Just in case you need to know, I'm 19m

I think the photo is attached? I'm not tensing in the photo, only mewing

Edit: whoops, I managed to attach it twice lol

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/05/2020 12:04 pm
Azrael liked
auxiliary
Estimable Member

Good luck.

You were saying?

Not sure what you're trying to show here...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/05/2020 3:31 pm
auxiliary
Estimable Member

@auxiliarus

I definitely haven't gotten a shorter face. I'm certainly sceptical over your claim that it would shorten my maxilla?

[Rude Language or Insults are not tolerated] it. Going to post a photo so you can see what I mean when I talk in the original post. No clear evidence to suggest that my maxilla may have rotated backwards. Very clear and defined cheekbones but my face it too wide. You can't really notice that I have a wide face in this picture but I can assure you if I were to take a photo and compared it to a photo of my face a few months back there is a noticeable difference in the width of my face which has consequently made me less attractive.

I'm fairly lucky with reasonably high cheekbones and decent facial structure and shape. The issues for me currently are reducing the size of my masseters slightly, having better eye support and improving my posture (I suffer from rounded shoulders, forward head position and anterior pelvic tilt). I also suffer from tmj and facial and bodily asymmetry but I'm soon going to start working on that.

Just in case you need to know, I'm 19m

I think the photo is attached? I'm not tensing in the photo, only mewing

Edit: whoops, I managed to attach it twice lol

I was definitely not asking about your height, I was asking if you measured your facial height or your fWHR ratio. I know that chewing can reduce facial height, also you might want to look at EddieMoney's post he's covered a lot of information about chewing and it's effects on facial height. I was wondering if this fat you speak of comes perhaps from shortening your face, making fat cells and your skin stack. I'm just wondering, but if you pinch your cheek area lightly at it's fattest point right now and try to guess it's thickness, what would it be?

I've personally achieved higher fWHR from chewing and have noticed more facial fat. I've also gained weight though so I don't know for sure how accurate that is. We don't know how fast the soft tissue can adapt to bone movement if it ever does, just like some people lose weight and always have loose skin why wouldn't shortening the face lead to something similar? Just my two cents either way.

Also your face looks pretty good in that picture, but that's a very specific lightning and camera angle there, your muscles look very tensed even though you may not consciously tense them. Especially jaw muscles are prone to tension. If you touch your masseters right now are they hard? Muscle should be very soft when relaxed, it should feel like fresh beef in roughness.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/05/2020 3:38 pm
aureliusacolyte

@auxiliarus I was mewing in the picture. You're probably right though, my  constant gum chewing was probably resulting in my masseters being more tense than what would be considered a relaxed state. I think thats quite interesting what youre saying about fat stacking and my face shortening as its something very noticable in my pictures so youre definitely right. It would explain the fact that my face appears much wider than it previously has done. I've gone a few days without gum now and I'm already noticing improvements; my face appears to be getting thinner. I think I should be back to normal again fairly soon.

I'm assuming theres some way to reverse or combat this facial shortening?? 

You're so right though, my face does definitely appear shorter in newer pictures than in older pictures.

I've just tried measuring my cheek fact and I'd guess that its somewhere between 1.5/2cm? That's a definite huge increase. Bear in mind too that I have a low body fat percentage so it seems quite unusual that I would have thicker cheeks than I have had in the past.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/05/2020 7:07 am
auxiliary
Estimable Member

@auxiliarus I was mewing in the picture. You're probably right though, my  constant gum chewing was probably resulting in my masseters being more tense than what would be considered a relaxed state. I think thats quite interesting what youre saying about fat stacking and my face shortening as its something very noticable in my pictures so youre definitely right. It would explain the fact that my face appears much wider than it previously has done. I've gone a few days without gum now and I'm already noticing improvements; my face appears to be getting thinner. I think I should be back to normal again fairly soon.

I'm assuming theres some way to reverse or combat this facial shortening?? 

You're so right though, my face does definitely appear shorter in newer pictures than in older pictures.

I've just tried measuring my cheek fact and I'd guess that its somewhere between 1.5/2cm? That's a definite huge increase. Bear in mind too that I have a low body fat percentage so it seems quite unusual that I would have thicker cheeks than I have had in the past.

Yep I've had the same thing happen as you, I went from fWHR of 1,69 to 1,95, it's a huge change, there's no way my zygo size increased by that much, zygos only slightly rotate upwards and become slightly wider from chewing. I've measured my cheek fat, you can see in the pictures I've posted here before, I've around 2-2,5cm of cheek skin thickness. That's definitely abnormal as I've seen studies showing buccal fat to only have 0,6mm thickness. Also note that fat on face probably accounts for 80%+ of skin thickness, there's no way it's not from fat.

You can find pictures of my cheeks here : https://the-great-work.org/community/main-forum/evidence-of-age-acquired-craniofacial-dystrophy/#post-30317

Honestly I think you're right, I just saw a study showing correlation between a short face and chewing, the face in the study didn't look good at all. The face became so short the tongue didn't fit inside mouth anymore, it basically started hanging below the chin

You can find pictures of the short-face correlated to high masseter muscle mass in here : https://the-great-work.org/community/main-forum/ramus-and-airway/#post-30586

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/05/2020 8:52 am
Fred
 Fred
Estimable Member

You bring up a very good point, OP. Hollow cheeks isn't the giver and taker, it's pretty much the eye area, in actuality. It's been documented that people have gotten the opposite of hollow cheeks and in fact, this high intensity chewing made it harder for them to achieve their hollow cheeks goal.

How were you chewing your gum? With the molars, incisors, or were you balancing between the incisors and molars? 

Some people or perhaps most people don't have proper chewing habits. Going overkill with two hours a day is not good and not supplementing the natural need of providing your masseters the daily resistance they should rightfully have. 

It was great of you to come forward with this.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/05/2020 4:57 pm
auxiliary
Estimable Member
Posted by: @fred

You bring up a very good point, OP. Hollow cheeks isn't the giver and taker, it's pretty much the eye area, in actuality. It's been documented that people have gotten the opposite of hollow cheeks and in fact, this high intensity chewing made it harder for them to achieve their hollow cheeks goal.

How were you chewing your gum? With the molars, incisors, or were you balancing between the incisors and molars? 

Some people or perhaps most people don't have proper chewing habits. Going overkill with two hours a day is not good and not supplementing the natural need of providing your masseters the daily resistance they should rightfully have. 

It was great of you to come forward with this.

He's also not the only one, many people have already reported on different forums negative effects from chewing, especially facial bloating/fattening, but also worse chin even.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/05/2020 6:26 pm
PolHolmes
Eminent Member

The problem is with chewing for people with a recessed face/no cheekbones. Is that hypertrophied masseters with no cheekbone development makes your face 'bottom heavy', which is what I've experienced personally, this ultimately gives the face a bit of a fat aesthetic. My chin has definitely gotten larger and it occupies much more of my face now, as it used to appear smaller. I don't know if it's worth the trade-off at the moment, as my small masseters made my lack of cheekbone kind of look proportionate. Now I have an awful ogee curve because my cheeks stick out, when it was formerly flatter. Which is annoying since I'm about 13% body fat, perhaps to get the most out of having larger masseters is to be around 10% BF.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/05/2020 10:33 am
auxiliary
Estimable Member
Posted by: @polholmes

The problem is with chewing for people with a recessed face/no cheekbones. Is that hypertrophied masseters with no cheekbone development makes your face 'bottom heavy', which is what I've experienced personally, this ultimately gives the face a bit of a fat aesthetic. My chin has definitely gotten larger and it occupies much more of my face now, as it used to appear smaller. I don't know if it's worth the trade-off at the moment, as my small masseters made my lack of cheekbone kind of look proportionate. Now I have an awful ogee curve because my cheeks stick out, when it was formerly flatter. Which is annoying since I'm about 13% body fat, perhaps to get the most out of having larger masseters is to be around 10% BF.

Temporalis muscle is what developes the zygo width though. There's no way you can have a wide face without chewing.

Also as others have said before, chewing may actually make your face shorter, leading to more fat tissue on the face.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/05/2020 12:08 pm
Loliboly
Estimable Member

Temporalis muscle is what developes the zygo width though. There's no way you can have a wide face without chewing.

Also as others have said before, chewing may actually make your face shorter, leading to more fat tissue on the face.

Is there an explanation for this phenomena? And if so, how does one avoid it? And how much should one chew, in your opinion?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/05/2020 12:26 pm
auxiliary
Estimable Member
Posted by: @loliboly

Is there an explanation for this phenomena? And if so, how does one avoid it? And how much should one chew, in your opinion?

The explanation of the phenomena is right here :

I'd say early on the biggest change will come from dental height, teeth will be pushed more into gums, so dental height will become shorter, this already makes the face much fatter. However overtime the lower face and the maxilla should become shorter in height, gonial angle should decrease.

There's no way to prevent it, all forms of chewing will shorten dental height and compress facial soft tissue.

The question is, if it happens, will it eventually go away? Here are my thoughts :

1) The excess skill should go away eventually.

2) However the underlying fat may not. It depends whether having a long face actually increases the number of adipocyte cells(hyperplasia). More specifically the question is whether stretching force over long periods of time can cause fat cells to increase in numbers?

I've read some studies and usually stretching causes hypoplasia in adipocytes, not hyperplasia, however it's all interminnent stretching at higher intensities vs permenant low-intensity stretch a long face creates.

So basically no one knows if it will go away, I think as my face got shorter the amount of tissue is slowly decreasing. I'll know in a few months when I get down to same weight as some before pictures.

It may be of importance to you : Facial fat is different than other fat, it's less responsive to beta agonists and it's related to visceral fat, even though visceral fat is very sensitive to beta agonists.

In theory the best way to lose facial fat would be to try and lose fat during sleep, when catecholamine concentrations are minimum, because other fat tissues are more responsive to it. This way, at least you'll lose as much facial fat as actual fat, instead of losing body-fat without losing facial fat. But it's only theory. There's also stuff like yohimibine and caffeine, they can reduce fat topically and at topical dosages the effects on CNS are minimum. Yohimibine is an alpha antagonist, since facial fat doesn't respond much to beta receptors it's safe to assume antagonizing the alpha receptors may work.

Good luck though.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/05/2020 5:57 pm
Loliboly liked
Robbie343
Trusted Member

Can any form of orthodontics bring molars back out that have been pushed into the gums? Basically re erupt them? 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/05/2020 6:27 pm
Greensmoothies
Estimable Member
Posted by: @robbie343

Can any form of orthodontics bring molars back out that have been pushed into the gums? Basically re erupt them? 

Could be gum imflammation. I had this happen and take Vitamin C 1g every hour (which is about all you can utilise each hour) up to about 8g per day.

Remember this pain... and let it activate you.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/05/2020 2:23 am
Loliboly
Estimable Member

@auxiliarus
Thanks for the response. So ultimately, do you think everyone should spend some time on chewing? Or should some people avoid it? I myself would say my face is pretty balanced, but it lacks some width. Do you think I have anything to loose by chewing gum for 1 hour a day, like Mike Mew recommends?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/05/2020 4:03 am
Azrael
Estimable Member
Posted by: @greensmoothies

Could be gum imflammation. I had this happen and take Vitamin C 1g every hour (which is about all you can utilise each hour) up to about 8g per day.

Isn't 8g too much? The RDA for adults was way below that.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/05/2020 5:04 am
Robbie343
Trusted Member

I’m currently on 3g daily 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/05/2020 5:10 am
Loliboly
Estimable Member

@azrael
RDA is just the minimum amount a person should have every day. THe optimal intake is usually higher than the RDA.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/05/2020 5:14 am
auxiliary
Estimable Member

@auxiliarus
Thanks for the response. So ultimately, do you think everyone should spend some time on chewing? Or should some people avoid it? I myself would say my face is pretty balanced, but it lacks some width. Do you think I have anything to loose by chewing gum for 1 hour a day, like Mike Mew recommends?

Chewing doesn't develop eye distance though, so it makes your face wider only in the zygos. I'd say if you have low fWHR you can go for it, as long as your eye distance is normal.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/05/2020 5:19 am
Loliboly liked
Azrael
Estimable Member

@loliboly

The UL for Vitamin C is 2000mg. And greensmoothies is apparently taking 4x that. I don't think that's good in the long term.

Edit: The RDA is 90mg. Going for 8g is just asking for unnecessary trouble.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/05/2020 5:23 am
Loliboly
Estimable Member

@auxiliarus

I have good eye distance, so that's fine for me. But I am not sure when it comes to my fwhr. I think it is around 2. Is that long or short?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/05/2020 6:03 am
auxiliary
Estimable Member

@auxiliarus

I have good eye distance, so that's fine for me. But I am not sure when it comes to my fwhr. I think it is around 2. Is that long or short?

Are you sure it's 2? Because that's quite wide. If you truly have 2, I wouldn't recommend chewing at all.

This guy has fWHR of 1,9

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/05/2020 7:12 am
Loliboly liked
Loliboly
Estimable Member

@auxiliarus

Oh, no no, definitely not! Guess I really don’t get how fWHR is calculated, lol. This is my face

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/05/2020 7:55 am
auxiliary
Estimable Member

@loliboly

The UL for Vitamin C is 2000mg. And greensmoothies is apparently taking 4x that. I don't think that's good in the long term.

Vitamin C is water-soluble, high-dosages will just make you [Rude Language or Insults are not tolerated] it out, unless you have an underlying disease that can affect that.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/05/2020 8:01 am
Loliboly liked
auxiliary
Estimable Member

@auxiliarus

Oh, no no, definitely not! Guess I really don’t get how fWHR is calculated, lol. This is my face

You were right, in the picture your fWHR is 1,9. However selfies distort faces and make them longer, your fWHR is probably 2,0+, maybe even 2,1+. I'd definitely suggest you to stop chewing, your zygos already look well developed, compared to your eye distance your zygos are already very wide, I think widening your face more will make you look like the guy I posted, where eye distance will look visually smaller because of wider zygos.

I think you have a good facial profile from front, if you lose facial fat and get a wider neck you will look very good. Right now you may think that your gonial width is too small compared to zygomatic width, but it's an issue of neck width.

I hope you don't mind, but I took your picture, gave you wider neck width and slightly less buccal fat, if you do mind then just say I'll remove it :

Look at how a wider neck instantly makes your gonial width look wider, however I didn't temper with the gonial width at all.

Maybe I'm tripping, but if you look at the picture from close distance, the way a person would see you in normal life, your lips and whole lower face look wider just from increasing the width of your neck.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/05/2020 8:23 am
Loliboly liked
auxiliary
Estimable Member

Here's a low-effort attempt to make this guy's neck wider, it still looks messed up, but I think he looks slightly better with an extremely wide neck and wide face than only wide face.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/05/2020 8:28 am
Azrael
Estimable Member

@loliboly

Vitamin C is water-soluble, high-dosages will just make you [Rude Language or Insults are not tolerated] it out, unless you have an underlying disease that can affect that.

Such excesses are passed out via urine if it's from your diet (which isn't the case here), not from supplemental overdosing of the UL by four times. Sure, it's no problem if you are fine with indigestion, nausea, abdominal cramps, diarrhoea, kidney stones and possibly excessive absorption of iron.

Besides, what does such an excessive dose do to gum inflammation? And as Robbie said, he's already taking Vitamin C.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/05/2020 8:56 am
Azrael
Estimable Member

I hope you don't mind, but I took your picture, gave you wider neck width and slightly less buccal fat, if you do mind then just say I'll remove it :

example

Look at how a wider neck instantly makes your gonial width look wider, however I didn't temper with the gonial width at all.

Maybe I'm tripping, but if you look at the picture from close distance, the way a person would see you in normal life, your lips and whole lower face look wider just from increasing the width of your neck.

I can't see any difference. Maybe a gif would show any differences better.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/05/2020 9:15 am
auxiliary
Estimable Member

example

I can't see any difference. Maybe a gif would show any differences better.

I barely changed his neck size, maybe that's why, it's very subtle.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/05/2020 9:51 am
Loliboly liked
auxiliary
Estimable Member

@loliboly

Such excesses are passed out via urine if it's from your diet (which isn't the case here), not from supplemental overdosing of the UL by four times. Sure, it's no problem if you are fine with indigestion, nausea, abdominal cramps, diarrhoea, kidney stones and possibly excessive absorption of iron.

Besides, what does such an excessive dose do to gum inflammation? And as Robbie said, he's already taking Vitamin C.

The only side effect of Vitamin C megadoses is indeed diarrhea, nothing else though, everything else you mentioned comes from other forms of underlying disease.

The single repeatable side effect of oral megadose vitamin C is a mild laxative effect if the practitioner attempts to consume too much too quickly. In the United States and Canada, a tolerable upper intake level (UL) was set at 2,000 mg/day, citing this mild laxative effect as the reason for establishing the UL.[1] However, the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) reviewed the safety question in 2006 and reached the conclusion that there was not sufficient evidence to set a UL for vitamin C.[18] The Japan National Institute of Health and Nutrition reviewed the same question in 2010 and also reached the conclusion that there was not sufficient evidence to set a UL.[19]

About 70–90% of vitamin C is absorbed by the body when taken orally at normal levels (30–180 mg daily). Only about 50% is absorbed from daily doses of 1 gram (1,000 mg). Oral administration, even of megadoses, cannot raise blood concentration above 0.22 mM.[20]

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/05/2020 9:54 am
Loliboly
Estimable Member

@auxiliarus

You were right, in the picture your fWHR is 1,9. However selfies distort faces and make them longer, your fWHR is probably 2,0+, maybe even 2,1+. I'd definitely suggest you to stop chewing, your zygos already look well developed, compared to your eye distance your zygos are already very wide, I think widening your face more will make you look like the guy I posted, where eye distance will look visually smaller because of wider zygos.

I think you have a good facial profile from front, if you lose facial fat and get a wider neck you will look very good. Right now you may think that your gonial width is too small compared to zygomatic width, but it's an issue of neck width.

Is a wide fWHR bad or good? That guy you showed certainly wasn’t the most handsome fellow... Surprised to hear a I have well developed zygos, thought the opposite. I do agree I should have less fat in the face, despite already being quite slim. And a wider neck would be good. But don’t you think my jaw still should widen some? Here is an picture of my side:

No worries! Just appreciate your input! 🙂 I have to agree with @Azrael, I can’t really detect any difference.

I think you’re tripping bro, lol. But I could still imagine what your trying to get across. Think it makes sense.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/05/2020 9:58 am
Azrael
Estimable Member

I barely changed his neck size, maybe that's why, it's very subtle.

That's probably why.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/05/2020 10:00 am
Azrael
Estimable Member

@loliboly

The only side effect of Vitamin C megadoses is indeed diarrhea, nothing else though, everything else you mentioned comes from other forms of underlying disease.

The single repeatable side effect of oral megadose vitamin C is a mild laxative effect if the practitioner attempts to consume too much too quickly. In the United States and Canada, a tolerable upper intake level (UL) was set at 2,000 mg/day, citing this mild laxative effect as the reason for establishing the UL.[1] However, the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) reviewed the safety question in 2006 and reached the conclusion that there was not sufficient evidence to set a UL for vitamin C.[18] The Japan National Institute of Health and Nutrition reviewed the same question in 2010 and also reached the conclusion that there was not sufficient evidence to set a UL.[19]

About 70–90% of vitamin C is absorbed by the body when taken orally at normal levels (30–180 mg daily). Only about 50% is absorbed from daily doses of 1 gram (1,000 mg). Oral administration, even of megadoses, cannot raise blood concentration above 0.22 mM.[20]

Still, my question stands: why risk diarrhoea when it's not even necessary in the first place?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/05/2020 10:03 am
Loliboly
Estimable Member
auxiliary
Estimable Member

@auxiliarus

Yeah, the neck really does make a difference!

Just look at Obama example, it's crazy, his lower jaw seems so narrow in left picture, yet in right picture it's like he's got a huge jaw now. That's why I think instead of trying to chew to widen your gonial width, you should first try making your neck wider and see how it changes your face. Neck muscles can become pretty wide and grow fast too.

Your face looks like it has good width, but lack of forward growth, especially in the mandible.

@Azrael

This should be noticeable now.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/05/2020 10:09 am
Loliboly and Azrael liked
auxiliary
Estimable Member

@loliboly

Still, my question stands: why risk diarrhoea when it's not even necessary in the first place?

6-8g of Vitamin C reduces flu/cold symptoms duration by around 19%, idk why he does it, but I'd imagine spreading the vitamin C out should fix all possible symptoms.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/05/2020 10:22 am
Azrael
Estimable Member
example

@Azrael

This should be noticeable now.

Yep.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/05/2020 10:45 am
harrykanemaxilla
Estimable Member

@auxillary 

I don’t see any of the buccal fat removal edit you said you made. It looks the same in each photo

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/05/2020 12:42 pm
auxiliary
Estimable Member
Posted by: @harrykanemaxilla

@auxillary 

I don’t see any of the buccal fat removal edit you said you made. It looks the same in each photo

I ain't no Photoshop master, I used a 3px brush in the first picture so I removed his buccal fat by 3px, I guess it's not noticeable to an eye.

In the most recent picture I didn't touch anything except neck.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/05/2020 12:51 pm
harrykanemaxilla
Estimable Member

@auxiliarus

How can I tell if I have good zygos?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/05/2020 12:57 pm
auxiliary
Estimable Member

@auxiliarus

How can I tell if I have good zygos?

If you have normal eye distance, the distance between eye and zygo is a good indicator.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/05/2020 1:01 pm
auxiliary
Estimable Member

By the way I was wrong, there is a way to avoid dental height reducing.

If you mew and push with the tongue, the mandible will be pushed down and maybe even backwards. From there you can use any chewing muscle as a counter-force to your tongue.

In this way you can use these muscles without reducing dental height.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/05/2020 1:03 pm
Greensmoothies
Estimable Member

Re: vitamin C - I've taken Vitamin C like this for 9 years so far (with a 2 year break in there which resulted in the return of my gum inflammation, so I went back to using it) and never gotten a kidney stone, or ever before, ymmv of course.

Very unlikely to experience loose stools taking 1g through the day and not exceeding 15g unless there's an underlying issue causing this result, in which case some people report doing better on sodium ascorbate for this reason.

So many reasons to take vitamin C doing this work, it's the OG redox balancer for starters. https://www.evolutamente.it/health-evolution-5g-the-vitamin-c-connection/
Rather than explain my personal reasons for taking vitamin C like I do, I post the link above to a researcher who reached the same conclusion re: vitamin C dose schedule that I did by reading studies on pubmed etc.

Remember this pain... and let it activate you.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/05/2020 1:40 pm
Azrael liked
Loliboly
Estimable Member

That's why I think instead of trying to chew to widen your gonial width, you should first try making your neck wider and see how it changes your face. Neck muscles can become pretty wide and grow fast too.

Your face looks like it has good width, but lack of forward growth, especially in the mandible.

This makes sense. Your also very correct about my mandible. Guess I will just mew for a while and try to work that neck and see how things develop. Again, thanks a lot for the feedback, I appreciate it very much! 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/05/2020 4:28 pm
Loliboly
Estimable Member

If you mew and push with the tongue, the mandible will be pushed down and maybe even backwards. From there you can use any chewing muscle as a counter-force to your tongue.

Do you mean to make them bigger? If so, do you really think the resistance would be high enough that way?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/05/2020 4:34 pm
harrykanemaxilla
Estimable Member

@auxiliarus

What do you think caused his zygos to be so prominent on this Amazon tribesman, chewing? Mewing? Genetics? Combination of factors?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/05/2020 4:56 pm
auxiliary
Estimable Member

Do you mean to make them bigger? If so, do you really think the resistance would be high enough that way?

It's not about resistance, but more about usage/volume.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/05/2020 5:48 pm
auxiliary
Estimable Member

@auxiliarus

What do you think caused his zygos to be so prominent on this Amazon tribesman, chewing? Mewing? Genetics? Combination of factors?

All three probably. Really good facial growth there

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/05/2020 5:49 pm
Loliboly
Estimable Member

@auxiliarus

Isn’t it about how much resistance the volume generates? Again, it seems to me that it might not be enough, although I may be wrong.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/05/2020 6:22 pm
auxiliary
Estimable Member

@auxiliarus

Isn’t it about how much resistance the volume generates? Again, it seems to me that it might not be enough, although I may be wrong.

It's been shown that 1000g-1500g is enough to move maxilla, as long as the force is constant. As for widening zygos, I'd suppose yes, the resistance would matter, to hypertrophy the muscle.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/05/2020 6:43 pm
Loliboly liked
Page 1 / 2