Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Does the maxilla have any role in the width of your mouth/length of your lips?

aRandomMosesAppears

If so, expanding your maxilla should increase the length right?

Or is it more forward growth that affects it?

Topic starter Posted : 27/07/2019 6:10 am
dajajde

I was thinking about that too and I would like to know the answer if someone more experienced could elaborate. My theory is that if you expand your upper jaw your lips should get wider too? But I've never actually seen someone gaining width from expanding their palate, that's the problem.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/07/2019 1:08 pm
aRandomMosesAppears
Posted by: @dajajde

I was thinking about that too and I would like to know the answer if someone more experienced could elaborate. My theory is that if you expand your upper jaw your lips should get wider too? But I've never actually seen someone gaining width from expanding their palate, that's the problem.

I read somewhere that it has to do with incisors. Basically, the more apart they are, the wider your lips.

Not 100% sure though 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 28/07/2019 8:22 am
darkindigo
Reputable Member

Yes - it all affects lips.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/07/2019 10:49 pm