Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Does Invisalign Mess up your Face in the Same way that Braces Do?

Spade
Eminent Member

Hi everyone, I'm planning to have my braces taken off to get better results with mewing as I'm still young (15). My teeth weren't bad to begin with, just a few minor things. I wanted to know if I were to choose invisalign later down the line to perfect my teeth, would they mess up your face in the same fasion that braces do? I've experienced sunken temples and protruding cheekbones and total loss of jaw definition with braces so I would like to know if it's the same with invisalign, I'm gonna ask for them not to correct my overbite either so if anyone can help me out, that would be appreciated. Thanks.

Topic starter Posted : 23/12/2018 4:06 pm
darkindigo
Reputable Member

This is where you're getting confused on Mewing... There's an INNER U and and OUTER U.  4:26 to end of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijFkcLMmSJI&t=9s

Tongue stuff is for inner.  If someone were getting too much on the cheekbones, it could be because of too much on the tongue stuff.  In that case, dropping the tongue stuff may be good.  Mew doesn't preach to apply pressure.. but he needs to clarify.  I'll reach out to him to do so.  This has gone off-rails.

If I had a son with a recessed chin... I'd get that thing up as quick as I could, depending on age and other factors.  If some orthodontist were more focused on braces... I'd redirect more toward the chin.

I think what you're complaining about is your outer U not being pronouced enough.  Is that right?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/12/2018 12:04 pm
Spade
Eminent Member
Posted by: darkindigo

This is where you're getting confused on Mewing... There's an INNER U and and OUTER U.  4:26 to end of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijFkcLMmSJI&t=9s

Tongue stuff is for inner.  If someone were getting too much on the cheekbones, it could be because of too much on the tongue stuff.  In that case, dropping the tongue stuff may be good.  Mew doesn't preach to apply pressure.. but he needs to clarify.  I'll reach out to him to do so.  This has gone off-rails.

If I had a son with a recessed chin... I'd get that thing up as quick as I could, depending on age and other factors.  If some orthodontist were more focused on braces... I'd redirect more toward the chin.

I think what you're complaining about is your outer U not being pronouced enough.  Is that right?

I'm not sure. I made this comparison of pictures before braces and after, that I posted on a braces forum.

It's probably not the best comprison and it's probably more noticable in person, but take what you can. As you can see my temples have indented in a round shape and I lost my jaw defintion, making a very round appearance. Left is After and Right is before.

Look back and forth at my temples in each picture and you'll notice the difference better.

https://ibb.co/VN0JYmd

I'm worried because the people I found who have experienced similar changes after they got braces, bring it up to their orthodontists and they act like they have no idea what it is and many of the people have became depressed over this change in their face and can't get answers.

You can also see my jaw/chin length is smaller, as it was more of a longer v shape before.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 24/12/2018 7:10 pm