Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Do you all feel pressure in your face from mewing/hard mewing?

skinnyboiii

I feel tingling/pressure/sensation on my cheekbones, upper lip (sides), sides of my nose, and eyebrow ridge when I press with the posterior third of my tongue.

It strikes me as a good sign, since these regions correspond roughly with the boundaries of the maxill. Of course, it could also be a bad sign that there's a resistive force at the boundary points that would not be there if the sutures were "fully open."

I'd like to know what others think on the issue and if this is experienced by anyone else.

Topic starter Posted : 24/07/2019 11:56 pm
justdoit

I can relate to feeling pressure. However, not exactly like you described. I don't feel any "tingling", just some compressive force. The most common area for me to feel pressure is the zygos. With various techniques, I can even induce localized pain in the 'wings' right behind back molars, or a splitting pain right down the middle of hard palate near soft palate junction. But I've not seen any evidence of expansion ever since my expander (only to track IMW changes) arrived a month ago, so maybe I'm doing it wrong. But I also have a very narrow palate, so my structure may be different from yours.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/07/2019 2:17 am
openbytes17

Yes, I feel a tingling/ ticklish sensation on my cheekbones (they are also reddish & puffy). I feel pressure on my forehead, above my eyes/ on brow bone area, nose & on jawline BUT this pressure does not stay for long 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/07/2019 5:58 am