Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Do wisdom teeth removed  

RSS
Blackmage

Stunt jaw growth? My wisdom teeth removed when i was 16 I'm 17 now, the dentist cut some bone soround and i worried this is bad, i read some article that jaw continue to grow around 16 to 18 i don't know if the cut bone grow back or notcause of the wolfs law

Posted : 24/07/2020 10:08 am
Loliboly
Estimable Member

From what I have heard the Mews say, it is not really extractions in them self that are damaging. It is rather (primarily) when this procedure is done on patient with poor oral posture that problems arise. As this relates to growth, I would thus assume that it is not a matter of stunting growth, but an issue wether your face will grow in the right way or not. I may be mistaken, but I wouldn’t worry too much about it if I was you. Your teeth has already been extracted, and to my knowledge there is nothing to do about that. Just do your best and work on your oral posture.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/07/2020 11:45 am
Thomas22
Estimable Member
Posted by: @blackmage

Stunt jaw growth?

More than likely

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/07/2020 12:04 am
Loliboly
Estimable Member
Posted by: @thomas22
Posted by: @blackmage

Stunt jaw growth?

More than likely

Why would this be the case? I can see how extractions would cause the jaw to grow improperly, but not how it would stunt it all together.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/07/2020 7:39 am
Thomas22
Estimable Member

The jaw shrinks and when you remove teeth. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/07/2020 8:34 am
Loliboly
Estimable Member

@thomas22

Could you bother to explain how this happens, or direct me to a source where I can read about it?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/07/2020 7:51 pm
Thomas22
Estimable Member
Posted by: @loliboly

@thomas22

Could you bother to explain how this happens, or direct me to a source where I can read about it?

The jaw will only be as a large as it needs to be. It expands due to the pressures from the tongue, for example.

When you extract teeth, the cavity fills, and the jaw shrinks in that space.

I have no way of knowing this, but I assume you would lose some forward projection of your jaw. A few millimeters.

If you want a good answer, I would look for studies on Pub Med. There's bound to be something.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/07/2020 9:38 pm