Forum

Please Note: The Users of this site are not engaged in rendering professional advice or services to the individual reader. The ideas, procedures, and suggestions contained within this work are not intended as a substitute for examination by your medical practitioner.

Do overweight people tend to have better cheekbones/ wider palates than thin people?  

RSS
Thegreatworkaccount
(@thegreatworkaccount)

Hey all,

Just an anecdotal thing I've noticed but I could be wrong. Sometimes I see overweight people with fairly prominent cheekbones and slightly hollow cheeks. I can also see other signs of a prominent maxilla such as good under eye support, and all this despite having a high percentage of body fat. I have had a healthy diet all my life so sometimes this makes me feel bad since there are overweight people with better facial structures than me. I do not have prominent cheekbones or hollow cheeks despite being under 15% body fat, and I have an average - small frame (small wrists, etc). I don't mean that every overweight person is like this, but just it is more frequent than in thin people. For example, maybe 20% of overweight people have these prominent maxilla characteristics I've noticed but only 10% of thin people have them.

Still, I was wondering if anyone has seen this, or if I am just making a connection where there is none. It could be due to a number of factors. Maybe the overweight people have a slower metabolism aka they  are prone to gaining weight, meaning their body uses calories more instead of burning them more, so they put on all kinds of weight more easily than someone with a fast metabolism like me. This would mean they tend to have more bone, fat, as well as muscle than someone like me. And then this higher bone density could include their face bones as well as thicker wrists.

Alternatively, I could be totally wrong and skinny people and overweight people have the same frequency of having prominent maxillas but I am just noticing it more in overweight people since it is surprising. Just wondering if you guys had any thoughts on this.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/10/2018 2:21 pm
Progress
(@progress)
Member Moderator

I have noted this too. There are few reasons:

1) Increased size of facial fat pads creates an illusion of good facial development.

2) Having to carry huge loads of fat around the musculature requires more effort in order to not only move the body, but to stabilize it too. This could encourage proper tongue and spinal posture.

3) Eating at a caloric excess stimulates the nervous system, making proper posture effortless. Since we are talking about nervous system stimulation, I have found that stimulants like caffeine and amphetamine cause me to "bloom" into straight posture like a plant that has just been watered. For the next couple of days after using a stimulant, I find myself having to exert more conscious effort in order to stand straight. Similar to this, the nervous system of chronically under-eating skinny people has less energy available for physical efforts like mewing.

This post was modified 5 days  ago by Progress
ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/10/2018 3:03 pm
EddieMoney
(@eddiemoney)
Reputable Member

More calories available for bone development 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/10/2018 3:22 pm
Silver
(@silver)
Posted by: Progress

1) Increased size of facial fat pads creates an illusion of good facial development.

2) Having to carry huge loads of fat around the musculature requires more effort in order to not only move the body, but to stabilize it too. This could encourage proper tongue and spinal posture.

3) Eating at a caloric excess stimulates the nervous system, making proper posture effortless. Since we are talking about nervous system stimulation, I have found that stimulants like caffeine and amphetamine cause me to "bloom" into straight posture like a plant that has just been watered. For the next couple of days after using a stimulant, I find myself having to exert more conscious effort in order to stand straight. Similar to this, the nervous system of chronically under-eating skinny people has less energy available for physical efforts like mewing.

Do you think it's wise to eat at a surplus while mewing? To eat and a surplus and lift weights?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/10/2018 5:33 pm
Progress
(@progress)
Member Moderator
Posted by: Silver
Posted by: Progress

Do you think it's wise to eat at a surplus while mewing? To eat and a surplus and lift weights?

I don't think it makes much difference, but Jamo seems to be for it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/10/2018 6:52 pm
Share:

As you undergo correction in the near future, please consider keeping records for your own sake and for others. Pictures of dental impressions, scans, medical reports reports can be very helpful even with all personally identifying information blocked out.

Your input could help many, many people

Face Development

Working

Please Login or Register