Notifications

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

DNA Appliance  

RSS
Maddobloom

Just wondering if anyone knows about how much the DNA appliance typically costs? I’ve looked all over the internet and can’t find anything about it... also, does it change your face a ton? From the pictures I have seen, it sseems to cause drastic facial change (at least from tha profile view)... not sure if I would be better off investing in the AGGA instead? Thank you!

Posted : 31/12/2018 12:38 am
LastQuestion

Cost differs by region. Some providers charge about 6k, some charge 8k, heard some even go as high at 10k. If you have OSA dx insuarnce will cover part of that cost for sure. If you don't, maybe the provider could argue medical necessity and get it covered if you have a breathing issue that has been documented medically to be causing havoc in your life. Like, a TMD dx, or UARS, or psych symptoms that can be related to airway, and an ENT who writes a recommemdation about 'patient reports difficult breathing through nose/chronic rhinitis, patient has constricted maxilla, recommended treatment is maxillary expansion to be delivered by oral surgeon or dentist'.

Now, how well that works is something I'm still trying to figure out, but, that's the best advice I can give on using insurance to get this type of treatment covered. Some providers have expeirence billing medical, some don't, so if you're lucky you might find someone who has some real-world experience and has figured out what I'm struggling with. Otherwise, try your best to get reimbursed for what you pay out of pocket; not easy, but possible even though unclear how to get insurance to treat claims consistently; almost seems arbitrary what they cover or don't.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/01/2019 10:30 am