Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

DNA Appliance questions  

RSS
Kilsnacks
  1. I don't really see a lot of reviews and real solid stuff on the dna appliance I am a 20 year old who live in Maryland trying to find the best thing to correct my 11mm over bite which when I asked somewhere else online they said to look into DNA appliance as it looks like I have an under developed maxilla. I heard some where as well widing the maxilla also eliminates over bite.
  3. I didn't like what an ortho suggested of pulling teeth and braces or surgery

to correct overbite so weighing my options I'm just wondering is the DNA appliance legit or a scam and is it harmful at all. Have any of you tried it? Also where would I find the best places around me that treat this case I have to travel about 3 hours away from me as I'm in Ocean city md figure I might as well find the best person to treat it and make sure dna appliance is not a hoax or dangerous.

Posted : 06/04/2019 12:44 am
LastQuestion

Your tongue...if it rests like that you definitely need myofunctional therapy. I certainly wouldn't advise any treatment plan which would reduce your oral volume with such a large tongue and small jaws. Definitely don't pull healthy teeth. if you have impacted wisdom teeth, that's something else to consider.

I'm still looking into the DNA myself, but if your need is critical I'd say give it a try before undergoing more invasive treatment, like surgeries or braces that just shuffle teeth around.

Be sure to get more opinions from consults before making any decisions. Get an idea of what type of treatment you'd like to occur, and start asking in consults for advice on those topics and if they know of anyone doing that type of work. Sometimes it requires networking through physicians to find people because they don't advertise their practice or are in an academic setting.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/04/2019 5:50 pm
mr.mewing
Estimable Member

where  do you  live?

and i heard that homeobloc and bioblock are a bit related to the DNA appliance so maybe if you couldn't find a DNA appliance you can go with one of those

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/04/2019 2:30 am