Forum

Please Note: The Users of this site are not engaged in rendering professional advice or services to the individual reader. The ideas, procedures, and suggestions contained within this work are not intended as a substitute for examination by your medical practitioner.

Disclosure: Forum has been monetized  

RSS
TGW
 TGW
(@admin)
TGW Admin Admin

I have added advertising to the website so that part of the costs can be paid for and forum can run indefinitely - and so that I can pay to add new features and functionality.

We are experimenting with the frequency of ads as well as ad location: Please provide me with feedback here if your forum experience is being hindered in any way by the advertisements. I am able to change their locations (head, foot, between posts, in categories etc) and frequency so let me know if any ad is too obtrusive. I can also filter out ads if any are unpleasant, though I've already filtered all NSFW or vice related advertising. 

We appreciate anyone willing to disable ad blockers, but feel free to keep them on if it suits you!

Thanks,

TGW

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/01/2018 10:23 am
Gregory
(@gjenopp)
Trusted Member
  • The website operates the same with ads as it did without on desktop
  • On mobile, however the experience and the way threads show up are different. I’ve included a screenshot from my phone of what I mean 
  • that ad on mobile, for whatever reason takes up half the screen width/changed the dimensions of the forum. This is vastly different from just several hours prior 
ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/01/2018 11:58 am
Progress
(@progress)
Member Moderator

Are they pay-per-view or pay-per-click? Many here could probably bear the presence of ads if simply viewing them supported the forum. Disabling adblock for PPC ads on the other hand seems pointless.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/01/2018 11:58 am
TGW
 TGW
(@admin)
TGW Admin Admin
Posted by: Gregory
  • The website operates the same with ads as it did without on desktop
  • On mobile, however the experience and the way threads show up are different. I’ve included a screenshot from my phone of what I mean 
  • that ad on mobile, for whatever reason takes up half the screen width/changed the dimensions of the forum. This is vastly different from just several hours prior 

Fixed? I've removed the ones between posts. They were quite annoying in my opinion anyways.

Are they pay-per-view or pay-per-click? Many here could probably bear the presence of ads if simply viewing them supported the forum. Disabling adblock for PPC ads on the other hand seems pointless.

It's whatever Google puts in the slot. We just don't want to be one of those "please disable to use" websites so I put the disclaimer. Maybe it should have been left out, since people are going to do what they want anyways. White-listing this website when data usage isn't an issue is always helpful though.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/01/2018 12:33 pm
Gregory
(@gjenopp)
Trusted Member

Fixed

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/01/2018 12:37 pm
Share:

As you undergo correction in the near future, please consider keeping records for your own sake and for others. Pictures of dental impressions, scans, medical reports reports can be very helpful even with all personally identifying information blocked out.

Your input could help many, many people

Face Development

Working

Please Login or Register