Forum

NOTICE:

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Differences between tongue pressure and expander.  

RSS
scerif
(@scerif)

Hi all guys, I read a comment by @varbrah "Of course MSE makes the results easier....I went from 41mm to roughly 50mm IMW and 2-3mm of forward displacement of the maxilla - pure bone growth with no dental tipping -in just three weeks and I’m 24" and I wonder why, with the expander the maxilla has advanced so much,while with the simple mewing is not possible, or at least not so fast?

What is the difference between these two methods?

This topic was modified 2 months ago 2 times by scerif
ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/10/2018 11:17 am Halti.H liked
krollic
(@krollic)
Estimable Member

I think its because keeping up that sort of pressure all day can be hard to remember and VERY hard/unfeasible when you're asleep

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/10/2018 11:43 am
deep.thought
(@deep-thought)

your age?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/10/2018 11:51 am
scerif
(@scerif)
Posted by: krollic

I think its because keeping up that sort of pressure all day can be hard to remember and VERY hard/unfeasible when you're asleep

So THEORICALLY those who manage to keep the tongue constantly attached to the palate should get the same gains! I wonder if the expander uses a different force than the tongue and for this reason it's faster.

@deep-thought 24

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/10/2018 4:17 pm Halti.H liked
starJammer
(@starjammer)

Like Mew says, it's possible but it's HARD work. Hard work because in the beginning you have your whole life of habit working against you. What you think is "good pressure" is just the start. Your tongue is weak and your whole musculature is probably not balanced. If you progress at all you realize that there is always progress to be made and a new thing to learn. Your body adjusts and works against you to forget your posture since it isn't engrained. 

It's no miracle that the expander works MUCH MUCH faster than just mewing because it works while you sleep, while you work, all hours of the day and it works with consistent pressure. Unless you have a needle pricking you every time you fall out of posture it's all too easy for your normal posture to take over the second your concentration deviates even an ounce. It's like meditation. Thoughts drift and the body is dynamic.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/10/2018 11:25 pm scerif and Apollo liked
Share:

As you undergo correction in the near future, please consider keeping records for your own sake and for others. Pictures of dental impressions, scans, medical reports reports can be very helpful even with all personally identifying information blocked out.

Your input could help many, many people

Face Development

Working

Please Login or Register