Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Did anyone fix their uneven jaw line by mewing? (Not theories. Only experience)  

RSS
jujuu

I had uneven jaws but after wrong mewing it got worse. (Left jaw was droopy and after pushing my tongue to the left side harder it got worse and my left cheek bone improved more than right)

I grind my teeth but it doesn't seem to help fixing this problem.

I am looking to fix it but I don't want to try random suggestions as I didn't even expect this bad result.

Is there anyone:

1- Who fixed their uneven jaw by correct mewing?

2- Who fixed the uneven jaw by pushing the tongue to the opposite side? ( Some people claim it fixes but if pushing to one side drops your one jaw bone, it means pushing to the other side messes the other bone right?)

3- Who fixed uneven jaws by tongue exercise or any other method? (Without mewing)

Please share your risk-free experience.

Posted : 07/02/2019 10:30 am
Topic Tags
lil nut
Eminent Member

im doing the pushing on one side and sleeping on my recessed side more ive been doing it for about a month i dont notice much yet

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/02/2019 7:45 pm
jujuu

Why can’t anybody answer?

If no one was able to fix their uneven jaw it means once you wrong mew and break the harmony you live with that face you ruined on purpose for ever?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/02/2019 2:25 pm
ShaktiOm
Trusted Member

I cannot say that I fixed my "uneven jaw" but the right side of my jaw always popped out of place whenever I yawned or opened my mouth too wide and now it doesn't. My jaw also used to open towards the right, and now it opens more evenly. I practice good tongue posture, good swallowing, I chew hard gum everyday, and I do facial exercises. I do not push harder on one side, though my pallet on the right side of my mouth, is lower down, and tends to come inwards more, so my tongue is often applying more pressure to that side.

How long have you been practicing good tongue posture?

Do you chew hard gum? I think this is an important part of mewing and can correct asymmetries.

When you notice all of these changes in your facial structure, are you looking in the mirror, or have you taken pictures. My experience tells me that the mirror can you give you a false perception. Photographs can also, but at least they can give you a more accurate gauge of how much your face has changed.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/02/2019 2:50 pm
xeuronholder
Posted by: ShaktiOm

Do you chew hard gum? I think this is an important part of mewing and can correct asymmetries.

Chewing hard gum will definitely help. 

Also, even if you have facial assymetry, the tongue should always "apply force" equally on both sides. By "apply force" I mean resting on the palate without putting pressure at all, since pressure can make certain asymmetries worse as you've described.

You're also not supposed to clench your teeth; they should be in very light contact or slightly apart. Your jaw should be relaxed at all times unless you're chewing. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/02/2019 6:50 pm
darkindigo
Reputable Member
Posted by: jujuu

I had uneven jaws but after wrong mewing it got worse. (Left jaw was droopy and after pushing my tongue to the left side harder it got worse and my left cheek bone improved more than right)

I grind my teeth but it doesn't seem to help fixing this problem.

I am looking to fix it but I don't want to try random suggestions as I didn't even expect this bad result.

Is there anyone:

1- Who fixed their uneven jaw by correct mewing?

2- Who fixed the uneven jaw by pushing the tongue to the opposite side? ( Some people claim it fixes but if pushing to one side drops your one jaw bone, it means pushing to the other side messes the other bone right?)

3- Who fixed uneven jaws by tongue exercise or any other method? (Without mewing)

Please share your risk-free experience.

A CBCT shows what’s going on.  Also, feel condyles.  See if one is lower.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/02/2019 7:59 pm
Mewem143

@darkindigo my left Condyle seems lower, what does this suggest?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/09/2020 11:06 pm