Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Deep Bite Correction By Chewing  

RSS
rex
 rex

Has anyone here corrected their deep bite by open mouth chewing while using all teeth? (mine in this case is class 2 division 2 bite).

I feel like I chew with my molars too much and never use my front teeth. I don't want to blow my masseter up so much that it's wider then my zygos.

If you look at skulls of medieval people, they all have proper bites. Is this due to the harder food diet they had?

I saw a user here @ben that spoke about his experience with chewing, but I'm not sure if he had any significant changes?

Posted : 01/12/2018 5:22 pm
Ana147 liked
Topic Tags
rex
 rex

bump

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/12/2018 12:07 am
EddieMoney
Reputable Member

I think palate expansion plus chewing properly can help procline your teeth to make your bite more open. 

I also am becoming a fan of teeth apart mewing as this makes teeth in the maxilla not have to reinforce their maloclussion with constant contact of the lower arch. Since teeth are like a puzzle I think experimenting with teeth apart mewing can help your upper arch get more sagittal expansion as well as lateral which will pull your teeth away from the lower arch ones, opening your bite and allowing your mandible to slide forward.

This is just a theory though. Am practicing myself at the moment as my bite is deep like yours and my incisors are retroclined.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/12/2018 11:38 am
Rockyp33
Reputable Member

Eddie that sounds like it makes sense but at the same time wouldnt the teeth not having any stimuli to adapt make it so they wouldnt move? specifically the lower ones? 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/12/2018 11:41 pm
Rockyp33
Reputable Member

I did slightly open bite and I didn't have to great of an experience I felt it was very hard to get a proper swallow and get the posterior 3rd up. when i went back to normal tongue posture i felt i lost a lot of my old posture. but the one positive thing i did notice is that i either could apply more force or i was just able to be able to have more feeling of my tongue being against my palate if that makes sense. I just had more feeling in my tongue when the teeth werent touching either that or just more force. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/12/2018 11:50 pm
EddieMoney
Reputable Member

The stimuli comes from the tongue motion not the other teeth. I firmly believe maloclussions shouldn't be reinforced.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/12/2018 8:13 am
Rockyp33
Reputable Member

hmm i just notice i mew so much better with teeth together. I think it allows so much more force against the pallete which therefore would move the upper teeth quicker. and progress quicker

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/12/2018 11:50 pm
Rockyp33
Reputable Member

@eddiemoney you might have a point though. I notice that if im talking to someone its a lot easier to mew after im done talking with my teeth apart because after im done talking i notice my relaxed position is with them apart. So i dont usually mew unless i conciously remind my self to close the teeth first. but if i do with my teeth apart all i have to do is swallow. Idk might have to try it again

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/12/2018 3:35 pm
slipnkot666

is dis really work?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/11/2020 2:58 am
Meowxilla
Eminent Member

Should we chew on incisiors?

When you chew obsisesivly theet are pushed back into gums.

Would same happen with incisors, efficitively pushing them back to normal position?

Now all we need is to fix mandible and maxilla relative position?

Anyone tried this?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/12/2020 8:27 pm