Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Crooked teeth but wide palate?

asymmetryisdeath

I have a wide palate ( 42mm intermolar width ) and 10 teeth wide smile.

I also have normal forward growth, and what tells me that is the low gonial angle, good maxillary triangle and simply the look of the maxilla and the length of the mandible.

I was also always a natural mewer.

Despite that I have crooked teeth and the lateral incisors have become more recessed at one point, making my front incisors appear too long. I think that It is possible that my gums are receding, but I do not know the reason for this. Could it be related to the TMJd I think I developed? And should I get invisaling or braces? Im almost 20.

Could it also be related to the fact that I have hard mewed and chewed at one point?

Topic starter Posted : 19/07/2021 8:45 am
judicator.v2

to be honest I've seen some people with narrow faces but perfectly aligned teeth, and wide faces with crooked teeth, not severely crooked but  this indeed need an expert answer.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/07/2021 4:07 am
eternally12
Eminent Member

If you get clear aligners or braces the gum recession may only get worse. It's still worth speaking to a professional though - I would suggest a dentist or orthodontist who understands jaw function, rather than someone who is merely worried about straightening your teeth. Professor John Mew believes mewing will not necessarily mean your teeth are perfect but it will create enough space in the jaw for all your teeth to fit. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/07/2021 11:40 pm