fbpx
Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Crazy idea - How to breathe with recessed face.

Meowxilla
Trusted Member

When i mew with whole tongue i can't breathe. 

I just had an idea. What if i could insert a tube trough my nose trough which i can breath air. So my airway will be eventually pushed by tounge and i won't need tube.

Anyone has comments if this could work?

Topic starter Posted : 29/04/2021 4:43 pm
Basim
Eminent Member

https://the-great-work.org/community/main-forum/nasal-breathing-is-the-ultimate-key-to-mewing-must-read/#post-38364

You cannot breathe properly and mew at the same time with a recessed face. As your airway too small and tongue being pushed into when you correct head posture and most likely have a vaulted palate as well. The only to breathe properly (nasal breathing) is to split the mid palatal suture and gain nasal volume like Ronald Ead did with MSE

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/04/2021 7:23 pm
mysterecessed
Posted by: @basim

https://the-great-work.org/community/main-forum/nasal-breathing-is-the-ultimate-key-to-mewing-must-read/#post-38364

You cannot breathe properly and mew at the same time with a recessed face. As your airway too small and tongue being pushed into when you correct head posture and most likely have a vaulted palate as well. The only to breathe properly (nasal breathing) is to split the mid palatal suture and gain nasal volume like Ronald Ead did with MSE

Hmm. I have an extremely downswung face/recessed maxilla but I can nose breathe with no issue even with a mckenzie chin tuck + mewing. My IMW is 42-44mm though, would I be considered recessed like this?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/05/2021 11:05 pm
Rockyp33
Reputable Member

@basim

That cant be the only way to increase airway can it? dont normal expanders do that

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/05/2021 1:35 am