Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Could an American contact the FaceBow creator for me? Explanation inside  

RSS
JordanR

I am looking to order this revolutionary FaceBow and do a face pulling experiment on myself which I will document here.

I wanted to contact the creator/s first to ensure they are still in business. I have not received a response from any of their email addresses or websites, after several weeks. Completely dead contact.

I don't want to go sending several hundred dollars to a website and get no product.

I am wondering if an American can call the phone number provided, and just confirm that they are still in business. You don't have to mention me or this website. You will be contributing to this big experiment we are all working together on. Just ask them if they are still active and if you place an order will it be filled.

Dr. Sandra Kahn, DDS, MSD
20 Melrose Court
San Mateo, CA 94402, US
+1 650-996-3695

Monday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Tuesday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Wednesday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Thursday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Friday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Saturday Closed
Sunday Closed

FaceBow websites, for reference:

https://letsfaceit-629526.square.site/

http://www.forwardontics.com/index.html

Posted : 09/08/2020 5:06 am
TGW
 TGW
TGW Admin Admin

No answer. Generic voicemail server.

Left a message, will update if I get a call back

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/08/2020 12:52 pm
JordanR

@admin

Much appreciated admin, thank you.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/08/2020 1:23 am
MewtwoStrikesBack

@jordanr I just called her at the number you gave and she answered the phone. She told me I can paypal her and pickup the appliance locally. She is in Europe currently doing some research, but one of her trainers lives nearby in the bay area from where I can pickup the appliance

She was super friendly, answered all my questions about the appliance. She says she doesn't use it with the MSE but has used it before with the DOME (similar to MSE but the surgeon cuts the maxilla). She said it's not FDA approved but it's a lot more comfortable than the chin mounted appliance as shown by ronald ead in his facemask video, or the CRANE appliance.

It's possible she did not answer your phone call because your area code was from far away. I called from a local number and she answered right away.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/08/2020 5:59 pm
TGW liked
JordanR

@mewtwostrikesback

Thanks very much.

In fact somebody just answered my email also.

She said they have been busy and having difficulties during Covid, but are able to supply products and support.

This is a step forward.

Thanks a lot for taking the time to call, appreciate it 👌

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/08/2020 9:48 pm
PaperBag
Estimable Member

@mewtwostrikesback Wow, that's a rapid shift of opinion from when I emailed her last year. She said "Sorry, face mask in adults is a scam. If you have a problem you must consider jaw surgery." What a joke.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/08/2020 1:19 am
JordanR

@paperbag

Probably from the perspective of a professional who charges for services in their clinic it would be a scam, because people expect faster results in that kind of setting.

I think somebody using a face puller independently for years would see slow, steady results. We know that bone remodels with forces applied. I don't see how sleeping with a face puller in every night could not produce results over say a 3-5 year period. If you want fast results under the guidance of a professional, you would need to crack things open with a SARPE/MSE type procedure.

Biggest challenge of not using SARPE/MSE is making something that fits in the mouth and allows you to apply adequate force to the palate and not tip your teeth. There are some cutting edge orthos now using surgically implanted pulling plates that you can attach a facepuller to. To me that seems a very promising option.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/08/2020 3:47 am
justdoit

Just ordered my Bow, it arrived within 2 days of ordering (I live very close to Dr. Kahn's office in California).

I do not have an appliance to anchor it to, so I'm simply biting down on two rubber bands, thus a hybrid approach with belt/towel pulling.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/01/2021 5:53 pm
auxiliary
Estimable Member
Posted by: @jordanr

@paperbag

Probably from the perspective of a professional who charges for services in their clinic it would be a scam, because people expect faster results in that kind of setting.

I think somebody using a face puller independently for years would see slow, steady results. We know that bone remodels with forces applied. I don't see how sleeping with a face puller in every night could not produce results over say a 3-5 year period. If you want fast results under the guidance of a professional, you would need to crack things open with a SARPE/MSE type procedure.

Biggest challenge of not using SARPE/MSE is making something that fits in the mouth and allows you to apply adequate force to the palate and not tip your teeth. There are some cutting edge orthos now using surgically implanted pulling plates that you can attach a facepuller to. To me that seems a very promising option.

"We know that bone remodels with forces applied. I don't see how sleeping with a face puller in every night could not produce results over say a 3-5 year period."

Careful, you'd see results alright, but your whole face will be effed up.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/01/2021 12:58 pm