Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Correcting Scoliosis?  

RSS
zumy
 zumy

Hello, 

I have a 14 degree curve on my thoracic and a 20 degree curve on my lumbar. My left shoulder is higher than my right and it causes my maxilla to shift to the right and my right ear is higher than the other.My left side of my face is very undeveloped compared to my right. I have looked at previous threads and saw that it is possible to fix to fix all body asymmetry, but I’m still confused as of what I’m supposed to do. I’m about to turn 17 and would like to balance my face and body as soon as possible. Also, I’ve heard that jaw expansion helps balance the body. Is this true? I am getting a myobrace from my orthodontist in about a month.

Thanks!

Posted : 19/01/2020 4:00 pm
zumy
 zumy

Anyone?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/01/2020 2:15 pm
ShaktiOm
Trusted Member

I am far from an expert on scoliosis, and I don't have a source for this, but I say that the entire body is connected with soft tissue, so theoretically expanding your jaw, along with fixing the asymmetries in the face through proper tongue posture and body posture, can in turn fix the asymmetries throughout the body. I am a believer in the myobrace, and think that it will definitely help your facial asymmetry, so I will be curious to hear how it helps.

I went on YouTube and looked up "fix scoliosis with yoga" and "fix scoliosis with exercise".  A lot of instructional videos showed up. That might be something you can try.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/01/2020 6:42 pm
zumy
 zumy

@shakti_om

Hey, thanks for the help! I’m just a little confused as of how you’re supposed to fix your posture if you still have bodily asymmetry. I find that I can’t make myself straight even if I try.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/01/2020 7:22 pm
ShaktiOm
Trusted Member

@zumy

I hear you. I can relate. I just think it's something you have to work through as you become more and more familiar with your body. Developing proper tongue posture and swallow function will help the body to find balance and I believe increases the mind-body connection.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/01/2020 7:42 pm