fbpx
Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Coronavirus Covid-19

jungerAdonis

As everyone should be informed about the pandemic, would any of you think that by breathing through the nose and having correct oral posture, thereby having their mouth shut could have an effect on the symptoms or even the chance of getting infected by it?

Topic starter Posted : 13/03/2020 3:43 pm
mr-sand-man123

Breathing through your nose is definitely better for preventing sickness, because your nose is a better filter and it’s much easier for bacteria and viruses to flourish in your mouth...you also breathe in smaller volumes through your nose, which gives your body more time for proper oxygenation, and is also probably better at preventing the intake of unwanted foreign bodies. But I can’t speak about how much better nasal breathing will be for preventing Covid-19 infection. It probably helps a bit. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/03/2020 4:09 pm
EddieMoney
Reputable Member

Dry mouth makes infection easier apparently. So keep hydrated on top of nasal breathing. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/03/2020 4:13 pm
auxiliary
Reputable Member

@eddiemoney

This makes no logical sense, since dry mouth is caused by breathing through mouth most of the time. If you're thirsty then you'll obviously drink, if you're not thirst you won't have a dry mouth if it's closed and you're not opening it for anything.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/03/2020 4:39 pm
Sergio-OMS
Trusted Member
Posted by: @jungeradonis

As everyone should be informed about the pandemic, would any of you think that by breathing through the nose and having correct oral posture, thereby having their mouth shut could have an effect on the symptoms or even the chance of getting infected by it?

No. That’s called magical thinking

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/03/2020 4:44 pm
Thomas22
Estimable Member
Posted by: @joanjhoness

I do not understand people who think that the virus does not exist

Don't forget to panic!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/02/2021 7:10 pm
CrimsonChin
Eminent Member

@thomas22 You mean my plan to run to the other side of the country because my Dad sniffled once isn't reasonable?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/02/2021 3:10 pm