Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Chewing doesn't even hypertrophy my massetter?  

RSS
FanaticMind

I've been chewing mastic gum with an open mouth, barely any massetter hypertrophy?
I'm doing it for aleast an hour everyday or 2 days, open mouth style with around 2 grams of mastic which is a little dried to make it harder.
I used to feel it a lot in the first weeks but now I barely feel it, what's wrong? (btw done it for atleast 3 months consistently, barely any massetter growth)

Posted : 05/03/2020 8:37 pm
Robbie343
Trusted Member

Try jawzercise. You will have chipmunk cheeks after 15 minutes of it. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/03/2020 9:44 pm
FanaticMind

@robbie343

have it, but I always get the mold assymetrical and I don't want to [Rude Language or Insults are not tolerated] myself up long term.
[Rude Language or Insults are not tolerated] is hard af, although if I remember a lot of it goes straight to my temporalis.

I'd prefer hearing if there's anything better to do the natural way.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/03/2020 10:34 pm
Robbie343
Trusted Member

@fanaticmind

They make “on the go” ones now that don’t require any custom molding (they are pink colored), ready to use right out of the box, but ya it clearly builds your massetter, my face got super boxy afterwards, but clearly worked the massetter. I stopped using it. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/03/2020 10:55 pm
Azrael
Estimable Member
Posted by: @fanaticmind

I used to feel it a lot in the first weeks but now I barely feel it, what's wrong? (btw done it for atleast 3 months consistently, barely any massetter growth)

It's a muscle and it's adapted to the new load, similar to how you work out a muscle in the gym.

Increase the load you place on the masetters. Three ways to do this:

1. Increase the amount of gum.

2. Increase the duration.

3. Increase both.

I wouldn't advise on chewing for hours and hours, though. Could give you TMD if you are not very used to it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/03/2020 11:53 pm
FanaticMind

@azrael

Did 4 but i was just as easy, just developed my buxx cuz it was big.
The thing is that it doesn't make sense that the "hardest gum" doesn't do [Rude Language or Insults are not tolerated] for me when people got lots of change from regular gum even

(brett maverick)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/03/2020 12:17 am
krollic
Reputable Member

Chew it while constantly sipping ice water. Aim for full range of movement without activating the lips or buccinators (OMC). I think people put far too much emphasis on duration of chewing and not enough on the toughness of the gum. When falim gets very cold (idk about mastic) it becomes extremely tough. 20 minutes of working through that will do a hell of lot more for your gains and the health of your temporomandibular joint than several hours of leisurely chewing.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/03/2020 12:39 am