Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Cause of a downturned nose  

RSS
Joe9813

Are downturned noses genetic or caused by poor maxillary support ? 

Posted : 10/04/2019 12:44 pm
JeanMacDougall
Eminent Member
Posted by: Joe9813

Are downturned noses genetic or caused by poor maxillary support ? 

genetics. this place greatly underestimate the importance of genetics. downturned noses are genetic. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/04/2019 4:07 pm
mewer113

can't speak for anyone else but in my case I believe my hook nose was from forcing lip seal which causes the teeth to retrocline overtime and the maxilla downswings. I did this from ages 14 to 16, I was an idiot

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/04/2019 10:32 pm
Breezy89

I believe it’s part genetics/part improper growth/environment issues. It is fair to say that poor posture can cause the nose to slope downwards due to gravity/lack of tongue support (as this pushes the entire mid face upwards/outwards over time) over a long period of time.

I sadly have one myself but mine also still has a dorsal bump after two years of mewing as well as being abnormally large. I know how you feel

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/04/2019 11:03 pm
Joe9813

Do nasolabial folds have anything to do with this ? 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/04/2019 6:06 am
Kolibri

Can underbite and nose bump be related? Or what is it related with? I think we should push the very front of the palate, hardmew if needed, bcs if we simply mew it will never catch up.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/04/2019 6:25 am