The Great Work Community Chat
Only logged in users are allowed to enter the chat

Share:

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Can't swallow correctly without swallowing a lot of air  

RSS

I usually have to burp after a correct swallow and though I've been mewing for a while now, I haven't been able to improve on this. I am not totally sure where the air is coming from - mouth or airway.

Below is some advice I have found by searching but I still can't figure it out so any further help would be much appreciated.

This seems the most relevant:

Posted by: @shakti_om

@freddie @hamiddkhnn  It's hard to imagine belching being caused by nose breathing. I thought it was caused by swallowing air, which is a problem I have faced while learning a proper mew push swallow. One thing that has helped me, is after I have "pitched" the saliva passed by tongue and towards the back of my throat, I really make sure to push the back of my tongue up when swallowing. This seems to prevent any air from going down.

Source: https://the-great-work.org/community/main-forum/why-am-i-burping-with-nose-breathing/#post-16871

Another relevant thread: https://the-great-work.org/community/main-forum/swallowing-extra-air-help/#post-17001

Posted : 23/10/2019 9:16 am
Share:

As you undergo correction in the near future, please consider keeping records for your own sake and for others. Pictures of dental impressions, scans, medical reports reports can be very helpful even with all personally identifying information blocked out.

Your input could help many, many people

Face Development

Please Login or Register