Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

can you get bone expansion without splitting the suture? if so please show proof

8 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
mewisit
(@mewisit)
Topic starter

i have been thinking about getting a Schwartz expander (which apparently expands in a biomemtic fashion similar to the dna appliance) and it does not split the suture but somehow stimulates the suture to expand itself. Although this makes sense from a logical stand point i have a hard time believing it since the evidence is mainly anecdotal and there are few studies. but when there are studies they usually published buy the dna appliance company itself. And when they show the pictures it really dosnt make much sense because there is no difference between the before and and after its usally different head position which make its seem as the jaw has come forward but in reality there is nothing that actually happened to the bone structure. Just take a look at these photos and pay close attention to the forhead and the ears, they are supposed to be in the same position but if you look at the before and after they are not in the same. but one the other hand there is the mse  which i know works for a fact but that is to expensive for me so i am kinda stuck. please help.

Posted : 21/09/2020 4:33 pm
mewisit
(@mewisit)
Topic starter

i have been thinking about getting a Schwartz expander (which apparently expands in a biomemtic fashion similar to the dna appliance) and it does not split the suture but somehow stimulates the suture to expand itself. Although this makes sense from a logical stand point i have a hard time believing it since the evidence is mainly anecdotal and there are few studies. but when there are studies they usually published buy the dna appliance company itself. And when they show the pictures it really dosnt make much sense because there is no difference between the before and and after its usally different head position which make its seem as the jaw has come forward but in reality there is nothing that actually happened to the bone structure. Just take a look at these photos and pay close attention to the forhead and the ears, they are supposed to be in the same position but if you look at the before and after they are not in the same. but one the other hand there is the mse  which i know works for a fact but that is to expensive for me so i am kinda stuck. please help.

Posted : 21/09/2020 4:09 pm
Thomas22
(@thomas22)

I don’t think you need to split the suture to get growth.

Posted : 21/09/2020 4:17 pm
mewisit
(@mewisit)
Topic starter

Posted : 21/09/2020 4:36 pm
mewisit
(@mewisit)
Topic starter

@thomas22 have you gotten results with a palatal expander that does  not split the suture

Posted : 22/09/2020 12:05 pm
Thomas22
(@thomas22)

@mewisit

I haven’t finished treatment. I still have a year and a half to go. But I have seen expansion. 

I can’t answer your question with specifics until I get a new scab though, that shows actual measurements. 

I can fit my tongue fully against the roof of my mouth now. And I’ve developed a diastema. 

Posted : 23/09/2020 9:52 pm
Sergio-OMS
(@sergio-oms)

Posted by: @thomas22

@mewisit

I haven’t finished treatment. I still have a year and a half to go. But I have seen expansion. 

I can’t answer your question with specifics until I get a new scab though, that shows actual measurements. 

I can fit my tongue fully against the roof of my mouth now. And I’ve developed a diastema. 

Dentoalveolar. Which isn’t bad, I am not saying it is.

Posted : 24/09/2020 12:26 am
Thomas22
(@thomas22)

Dentoalveolar? No, I don’t think so. 

The scans of dna patients show structural changes. Antegonial notches disappear, the ramus lengthens, the jaw rotates, the jaw moves forward. The face widens. One patient measured an increase of 8mm in width.

The relative position of your eye sockets can change too.

My forward head posture has gone away, which implies that my airway has grown. I also stand straight now, my posture problems have been corrected. 

Posted : 24/09/2020 8:09 am

THE GREAT WORK