Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Can thumb facepulling fix my crowding and uneven teeth?  

RSS
GenerationDoomer

My tongue is too big to fit into my palate and maintain a proper posture, and because my palate is too narrow, I have crowded teeth. 

I have started a regimen of pulling outwards and forwards for about 4 minutes, every hour. I also try to massage the mid-palatal suture whenever possible with my tongue and fingers, to make it more pliable and capable of expansion.

I need a lot of expansion to relieve the crowding, but I'm hoping that I can eventually straighten my teeth out with enough expansion. 

Am I going to be able to fix my teeth crowding if I remain diligent and keep up with my thumb pulling efforts, or is it futile? Is there a faster or better way of expanding the palate besides a palate expander? 

Posted : 21/06/2020 3:21 pm
Sergio-OMS
Trusted Member
Posted by: @generationdoomer

My tongue is too big to fit into my palate and maintain a proper posture, and because my palate is too narrow, I have crowded teeth. 

I have started a regimen of pulling outwards and forwards for about 4 minutes, every hour. I also try to massage the mid-palatal suture whenever possible with my tongue and fingers, to make it more pliable and capable of expansion.

I need a lot of expansion to relieve the crowding, but I'm hoping that I can eventually straighten my teeth out with enough expansion. 

Am I going to be able to fix my teeth crowding if I remain diligent and keep up with my thumb pulling efforts, or is it futile? Is there a faster or better way of expanding the palate besides a palate expander? 

Totally futile. But I'm convinced all that can be fixed. You only need a good diagnostic and a realistic treatment plan.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/06/2020 4:31 pm
GenerationDoomer

@sergio-oms

I'm trying to see if I can fix everything without going down that route, but realistically that's probably not possible, unfortunately. I'm hoping that I can find a practitioner that will perform MSE + FE, without extracting my wisdom teeth

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/06/2020 10:43 pm
Sergio-OMS
Trusted Member
Posted by: @generationdoomer

@sergio-oms

I'm trying to see if I can fix everything without going down that route, but realistically that's probably not possible, unfortunately. I'm hoping that I can find a practitioner that will perform MSE + FE, without extracting my wisdom teeth

It doesn't make much sense to try to keep your wisdom teeth.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/06/2020 3:17 am
bentspoon

@sergio-oms Yeah cause wisdom teeth are useless and and pointless right. /s

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/06/2020 5:29 am
Sergio-OMS
Trusted Member

Don’t misunderstand me. Having jaws that allowed for eruption of the third molars is like a “quality seal” of having well developed jaws.

But just that.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/06/2020 3:15 pm