Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

can someone have a dropped maxilla but does not have a dropped mandible?  

RSS
mr.mewing
Estimable Member

--

Posted : 12/06/2020 7:11 am
PaperBag
Estimable Member

Isn't this what a class III bite entails?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/06/2020 10:16 pm
ayla mao

I don't think so, if the maxilla drops the mandible goes with it, it just has to. There are some cases of short face syndrome, but their maxilla didn't drop more like it didn't grow enough. If you get what I mean.

@paperbag

True, but only his lower dentition is ahead of the upper one. His mandible itself is still very recessed, just look at that gonial angle.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/06/2020 12:47 am
PaperBag
Estimable Member

@ayla-mao You're right, I was unsure if the example worked because of the gonial angle.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/06/2020 2:25 am
EddieMoney
Reputable Member
Posted by: @ayla-mao

I don't think so, if the maxilla drops the mandible goes with it, it just has to. There are some cases of short face syndrome, but their maxilla didn't drop more like it didn't grow enough. If you get what I mean.

@paperbag

True, but only his lower dentition is ahead of the upper one. His mandible itself is still very recessed, just look at that gonial angle.

Short face syndrome indeed leads to what OP is sort of getting at. Look at Quentin Tarantino

So no, op. A dropped maxilla doesn't exist by itself

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/06/2020 2:03 pm
Paternalism

How can I make my posts visible on this forum?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/06/2020 5:32 pm