NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

can someone explain to me what this doc means by "midline osteotomy for bilateral moving angles" ,  

RSS
zygoarch

[img] [/img]

and  then he sent me these pics

[img] [/img]

[img] [/img]

[img] [/img]

[img] [/img]

Can someone explain to me where he made midline osteotomy for bilateral moving angles? These skull pics just look like they had a short chin wing done so i am very very confused

@melius @abdulrahman

Posted : 28/05/2019 4:49 am
Abdulrahman
Reputable Member

Look at the after picture on left. You can see the entire bottom of the lower jaw was sliced off. Then that piece was moved forward and cut in the middle and spread out to create a wider appearance. I think that is what he refers to as "bilateral moving angle".

my story: http://www.aljabri.com/blog/my-story/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/05/2019 5:39 am
zygoarch liked
Loliboly
Eminent Member

Are you considering surgery @zygoarch?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/05/2019 7:06 am
zygoarch
Posted by: Loliboi

Are you considering surgery @zygoarch?

Yes I am

i can’t live with my current face forever... so please tell me, what did the doc mean by midline osteotomy to help with bilateral moving angles? All I can see in the pic is a short chin wing so I am very confused. I don’t want to end up more deformed if I get this any surgery done so I am very worried. I need to gather as much information about these things before I can go ahead with a surgery.

Quantcast

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/05/2019 7:13 am
zygoarch
Posted by: Abdulrahman

Look at the after picture on left. You can see the entire bottom of the lower jaw was sliced off. Then that piece was moved forward and cut in the middle and spread out to create a wider appearance. I think that is what he refers to as "bilateral moving angle".

Oh I thought that was just a normal chin wing cut

Quantcast

•  
ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/05/2019 7:19 am
Loliboly
Eminent Member

I can't tell what it means, since I am not knowledge enough. But shouldn't this doctor himself be able to explain...? It is at least good to hear that you are being cautious before moving ahead. Wish you luck and hope you find the answers you are looking for.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/05/2019 12:20 pm
zygoarch liked