Forum

NOTICE:

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Can mewing in any way damage the face?  

RSS
faithinmyself
(@faithinmyself)

Thanks in advance.

I am 15 years old and already satisfied with how much attractive my face is.  Thing is I have post nasal drip 7/24 and I have to swallow every once in a few seconds. Would that put too much pressure on my maxilla? Also I've seen 2 posts in some websites about "mewing ruining face".  So, my questions:

1. I have post nasal drip and I have to swallow every once in a while. When I swallow my tongue pushes the surface of my palate. If I also start mewing, would that put too much pressure on maxilla and [Rude Language or Insults are not tolerated] things up?

2. Is it ever possible that mewing would bring harm?

3. Does mewing bring chin forward? (I've seen this happen with only one person. The other 3 examples usually had their cheekbones, jaws and supraorbital ridge expanded.)

4.  From Brad Pitt's hyoid bone, I believe that he doesn't have the correct tongue posture. Am I right?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/11/2018 7:05 am
NeverGiveup
(@nevergiveup)

Guys who tells "mewing make my face worse", in fact they dont actually know what is "mewing"/good tongue posture.

They apply pressure (too much pressure) but mewing is in fact only positioning your tongue well and swallowing properly.

If you are doing it well, it can only make your face (and your health) better. Make sure not to do "hard mewing" 

This post was modified 1 week  ago by NeverGiveup
ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/11/2018 7:51 am Kagiya liked
Share:

As you undergo correction in the near future, please consider keeping records for your own sake and for others. Pictures of dental impressions, scans, medical reports reports can be very helpful even with all personally identifying information blocked out.

Your input could help many, many people

Face Development

Working

Please Login or Register