Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Can Mewing give you autism?

darkindigo
Reputable Member
krollic
Reputable Member

clearly

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/06/2019 12:57 am
johann

jfl

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/06/2019 1:03 am
ohwhatthehell
Eminent Member

Doubtful, but I think reading this post did.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/06/2019 1:18 am
mewchell liked
Arkey

Is darkindigo the greatest troll of all time?

Or is she really as crazy as she presents?

- Mewing for 6+ months
- IMW: 35mm (no expansion)
- Sleep on the floor without a pillow
- Tape mouth at night
- Continue to emphasise chin-tuck/occipital drive for extended periods
- Chew Mastic Tears for 1 hour every other day

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/06/2019 1:35 pm
Kyte
 Kyte
Estimable Member

Darklingo is our mascotte.

However I'll try to satisfy you...I don't agree with your idea, mainly because the face that autistic people tend to have, I think it's just an EFFECT of their disorder, not the CAUSE and not the opposite.

Being autistic affects people behaviour and habits and this probably has repercussions on their facial development giving them (subtle) common traits.

You can apply this reasoning even to "normal" people.

For example you may be able to tell if a person is active or lazy (often uncounsciously) judging him/her facial features.

As a matter of fact a person with a recessed chin Is often considered lazy and passive (bad postural habits). On the other hand, who has a projected chin usually has high energy levels and Is impulsive (good postural habits)

But again, the face development Is not the cause of the two kind of behaviour, but the effect that the behaviour has on the habits of people and, as conseguence, on their face growth.

I'd add that people who immediately rejects Mew's theories tend to be close minded, preventing them to accept the fact that if their face "sucks" Is their "fault".

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/06/2019 2:20 pm
Kyte
 Kyte
Estimable Member

😛 😛

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/06/2019 4:30 pm
Progress
Member Moderator
Posted by: darkindigo
There's something there above the palate.  Something up there that's important to treat right...whatever that means or how significant that is.

Yes, the trigeminal nerve. Part of the palatal musculature is also innervated by the vagal nerve. Both have wide clinical significance.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/06/2019 4:37 pm
Greensmoothies
Estimable Member

I have autism with Savant Syndrome and it's hard to say how Mewing might have improved or worsened things. My sleep has vastly improved though so maybe that will eventually help. Experienced some mild social improvement as well but idk what to attribute that to tbh.

One thing I'm pretty sure did NOT help me on the 'tism front was hard mewing, because it made me less willing to open my mouth to speak and seemed to promote obsessive tendencies. And I'm not the only one: the inventor of hard mewing, Jamo, once lamented about his autism and expressed concern about his obsessive tendencies. Of all my obsessive nerd hobbies, hard mewing was probably the most isolating one.

When you've processed things and feel ready to share I would like to know about the fix you did @darkindigo

Remember this pain... and let it activate you.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/06/2019 8:16 pm
Fred
 Fred
Estimable Member

I think the high functioning autistic people tend to have neoteny psychologically and physically. Just floating by.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/06/2019 1:14 am
Roflcopters
Trusted Member

Under oxygenation due to airway obstruction is a cause for fidgeting, anxiousness, nail biting etc in kids and also adults. There may be something here for sure, having in mind the specific facial treats people with aspergers have but i think those traits, wide space between eyes, long foreheads, squashed midface etc are nothing but an effect of the disorder itself. Also you're born with aspergers its not an environmental thing. Most cases I think are traced to some virus exposure, hereditary, genetic disorders and the parents health and age. 

Mewing may worsen the anxious and obcessiveness side of it when you have a pré existing disorder but I don't think its the cause lol but I do think that some1 with aspergers doing mewing is a big No-no..

mewing is something that has to be done with the right mindset. Mewing for results is a big monumental fight and going for fast results is going to be nothing but disappointment if you can't deal with the side effects. 

Hard mewing on the long run for example most likely will spike cortisol levels and set up hormonal imbalances. Most things you do in life that are hard and will make you a better version of urself also will have that effect on your body. 

I have a colleague of mine who has aspergers, it was pretty bad when we met him at like 15. Throughout almost my  whole school years before uni he was with our class  and he had a pretty normal face when I met him. I just now checked him on Facebook and he has changed a lot for the worse crânio facial wise even tho he's functioning a lot better now. They're so anxious that they can't deal with pressure. I rem I got into a fight with some dumb bully because of him. Again I think it's an effect not the cause. He got better throughout the years because of the psychological support he got from us. Encouragement. His mom pretty much kept him inside during his childhood to protect him, even tho she was projecting her troubles on to him. It's all about social development in a way that they can deal with the pressure comfortably. 

Thing is you might be getting somewhere having in mind a potential help.?

Maybe widening and de obstructing their airways would be very helpful idk  haven't searched a lot on this. Interesting topic anyways. If anything it proves that facial traits are a mirror to overall health. 

Genital malformations are increasing exponentially as a whole tho, I think that that's where it's at. Because aspergers isn't something that develops with time, it isn't a cause of environmental changes or habits. They re born with it. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/06/2019 9:22 am
Fiver

Interestingly, while researching potential cures for a neurological disorder, I came across this Dr. Lee from Korea,
who claims to be able cure a list of neurological disorders (including autism, dystonia in my case, etc.) by treating TMJ issues.
I not sure yet if its fake or not (sounds too good to be true and therefore very unlikely), but the youtube channel has a lot of patients which seemed to improve. Here the channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=40&v=Ejego1Q9xTY

It would also be interesting to know if people with ..uh craniofacial dystrophy have higher rates of neurological disorders which at least this thread suggests.. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/06/2019 12:05 pm
Greensmoothies
Estimable Member
Posted by: Fiver

Interestingly, while researching potential cures for a neurological disorder, I came across this Dr. Lee from Korea,
who claims to be able cure a list of neurological disorders (including autism, dystonia in my case, etc.) by treating TMJ issues.
I not sure yet if its fake or not (sounds too good to be true and therefore very unlikely), but the youtube channel has a lot of patients which seemed to improve. Here the channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=40&v=Ejego1Q9xTY

It would also be interesting to know if people with ..uh craniofacial dystrophy have higher rates of neurological disorders which at least this thread suggests.. 

This is the guy that took down Marcello of the now defunct blog "Bio-Mechanical Dystonia" who was serving people with dystonia, selling them ALFs to use for a DIY approach to widen the palate. There also seemed to be some further adherence to the "dental distress syndrome" theory with use of a Starecta-like device.

Posted by: Greensmoothies

I have autism with Savant Syndrome and it's hard to say how Mewing might have improved or worsened things. My sleep has vastly improved though so maybe that will eventually help. Experienced some mild social improvement as well but idk what to attribute that to tbh.

One thing I'm pretty sure did NOT help me on the 'tism front was hard mewing, because it made me less willing to open my mouth to speak and seemed to promote obsessive tendencies. And I'm not the only one: the inventor of hard mewing, Jamo, once lamented about his autism and expressed concern about his obsessive tendencies. Of all my obsessive nerd hobbies, hard mewing was probably the most isolating one.

When you've processed things and feel ready to share I would like to know about the fix you did @darkindigo

No wonder you're so smart!  Has it always been this way for you?... the savant or autistic traits?

lol thanks! My mom said I stopped speaking after my 1-year old shots and before that I was developing normally. Then I didn't speak again until I was 3.5, when I was diagnosed with autism and started to get speech therapy. When I was older and first started playing instruments, somehow I eventually developed perfect pitch and became able to learn some woodwinds much faster than the norm. It's almost not like a skill... to me it just feels like music is the 5th dimension we can't see and somehow I get tuned in to it. It's weird and hard to explain!

I feel lucky to have received interventions and developed in to the Savant type. I credit a large part of my improved life-quality that began when my mom loosened her reigns and I was permitted to follow my instincts. Lots of time outdoors with no shoes on and most of that time spent climbing. My mom's cooking made me sick to the point where the doctor had to intervene and tell my mom to ask me what I wanted to eat. Thereafter and for a good while I ate a lot of fruit and shrimp with some dairy. Now it seems to make sense... eating food to put Vitamin C in my cells, boost glutathione production along with a high iodine and DHA protein source. The vitamins from dairy to grow big and strong, etc. Sometimes we can lose these instincts as adults, but I believe women are lucky in this sense as our instincts can kick in when pregnant! Or perhaps they come from the baby? With some foods that make you wanna barf just thinking about them, and others are at least tolerable or even highly desired.

And wow, your other posts got me thinking about a whole bunch of things, I'll post about them later.

Remember this pain... and let it activate you.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/06/2019 3:01 pm
Fred
 Fred
Estimable Member
Posted by: Fred

I think the high functioning autistic people tend to have neoteny psychologically and physically. Just floating by.

Makes sense... if they can't breathe well, then they don't sleep well and that's when hormones and all that happen.  In fact, darned it, I looked before and couldn't find it... but out on the web is a story of a person LONG ago who had Downs Syndrome.  They had him get rapid palatal expansion (which honestly is what most do now for high palates... though it should be based on each individual... you can have a high palate reshaped down through Saggital and shaving down the appliance)... but yeah... he got RPE and sexually developed to his age-appropriate maturity level.  I think that he was like 14 or something.  Anyway, it was a horrible reflection of the time, but the dentist said he had to be admitted to a hospital because it turned him into a pervert.  Yes... so... good breathing of the nasal area is important.  If autistic people have shortened midfaces... and they seem to... then it could be their airway is limited in the nasal area... but I'm not privy to the facial studies, except for what was published.  And kids with autism have wider faces... and wider nasolabial folds.  WAIT A MINUTE.  Yeah... it doesn't really talk about the palates and their shapes... but it could be surmised that based on their wider faces that their palates are not as steep...but it makes me SO curious.

Somewhere there's a topic of Weston A. Price's patient maturing (In here) after his maxilla moved up and forwards, but then he sadly became perverted and had to go to an asylum..?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/06/2019 9:37 pm
JeanMacDougall
Eminent Member

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/children-with-autism-have-distinct-facial-features-study/?fbclid=IwAR39ikkc_7T3Gx-T_AM7agRHON7OLN2XmfM2YLOSflKylpxBNVRy5McjGqc    Just putting it out there.  Biological norms are more healthy typically speaking.  According to this article there is a correlation between faces and autism.  Not sure if there's more than that at this point.

im extremely autistic and the only thing thats ever changed my condition is my diet. i recently started a fully carnivorous diet (only animal products) and my symptoms have been steadily decreasing. along with overall greater health, i have less motorical tics, and i have seen many anecdotes when it comes to autism in children and omega 6/omega 3 balances. 

giving antibiotics to kids can greatly alter their gut bacteria, which could possibly explain the increase in autism. vaccines probably have something to do with it too. i dont know the whole thing is weird. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/06/2019 6:43 pm
Roflcopters
Trusted Member

Carnivorous diets are bad for you. Compare your digestive system to the one of a tiger. Compare hormone secretions to a tiger.

Protein synthesis isnt even calorically efficient. It acidifies your body's pH and depletes your energy levels. 

You may be feeling good right now but.. Humans have a natural sweet tooth. It's not stable and will lead to binge eating.

Veganism is also like that. But better. 

I eat meat once a day. Rest I focus on good carbs and micronutrients. Fruits and veggies. 

If you wna bite stuff, do carrots, broccoli etc. Gives you more of a workout than any piece of raw meat you could eat. 

We're not carnivores

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/06/2019 11:24 am
Roflcopters
Trusted Member

Give a 2 year old a piece of raw meat and a banana and see what he picks up. 

Give a tiger a banana and a piece of meat and see what he picks up. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/06/2019 11:29 am
Freddie
Eminent Member

Small airway can give you autism, mewing (or appliance) can save you from that. Most of autist have breathing problems or even sleep apnea. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/06/2019 3:24 pm
JeanMacDougall
Eminent Member
Posted by: Roflcopters

normally i wouldnt respond to silly statements like this but you seem very misguided so let me help you:

1. we are not tigers. compare our digestive system to animals that scavenge dead meat and its pretty similar. humans are unique.

2. the meat from wild animals can be very resilient. its not tender.

3. obviously you dont know what a natural banana looks like. what youre thinking of is a modified version made to be as sweet as possible. give a 2 year old the choice between a natural banana and a piece of meat and theyll eat the meat. humans have always eaten both fruit and meat. but mostly meat. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/06/2019 6:56 pm
JeanMacDougall
Eminent Member
Posted by: Freddie

Small airway can give you autism, mewing (or appliance) can save you from that. Most of autist have breathing problems or even sleep apnea. 

i believe its the poor sleep resulting from the small airway thats the real culprit.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/06/2019 6:57 pm
Roflcopters
Trusted Member
Posted by: JeanMacDougall

normally i wouldnt respond to silly statements like this but you seem very misguided so let me help you:

1. we are not tigers. compare our digestive system to animals that scavenge dead meat and its pretty similar. humans are unique.

2. the meat from wild animals can be very resilient. its not tender.

3. obviously you dont know what a natural banana looks like. what youre thinking of is a modified version made to be as sweet as possible. give a 2 year old the choice between a natural banana and a piece of meat and theyll eat the meat. humans have always eaten both fruit and meat

I know what natural old fruit and greens were like. I gave a little brief read to a book called 'lost crops of africa' and ud be surprised with how big certain fruits are, I recommend it.

The banana was an example. Probs not the best but evolutionary wise I'll keep my pointt. Again, a carnivore diet will work until it doesn't. Carnivore diet was and is a trend that got popular to respond to veganism. Humans were never carnivores and never ate more meat than anything else. That's bullsht.

You feel better on it probably because:

Meat is satiating and hard to overeat. Energy levels are more stable throughout the day but long-term wise, ull deplete if you have a busy life. I've tried it. 

A high protein low carb diet suppresses our appetite at the hormonal level. Too high protein diets affect leptin production and that's a key hunger hormone.

A monotonous diet like this will reduce caloric intake overall. Fasting and intermittent fasting is good and will make you feel different and better when you start doing it.

It's not the meat itself. Carnivore diets help people feel better because they binge less and eat less when they start. Not for long tho. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/06/2019 8:25 pm
Roflcopters
Trusted Member

And it is dangerous long term wise. 

Humans can only thrive without plants for so long.

Caloric restriction is what makes you feel better, it's really good for immunity and helps a lot with auto immune diseases. It's not the meat itself. It's the microbial flora in the gut in the beginning. Most people go from a poor standard American diet to carnivoriam. No wonder they feel better.. It's not the meat tho. Lol

It's a positive short term result. Ur gut needs diversity of bacteria.

Restricted diets have restricted gut bacteria. That's bad. Especially in carnivoriam.

Too much meat results in amino acids fermenting bacteria that are known as putrefactive bacteria. Two products of putrefactive bacteria are putrescine and cadaverine. Smells like literal death cadaveric [Rude Language or Insults are not tolerated]. These two also damage DNA in you colon and yknow what's coming? Carcinoma baby.

Also, there's a fkload of studies out there on low fiber intake and colon cancer. More meat you eat the less fiber you'll intake. Str8 simple. Especially on the long run.

Lactic acid, vitamin c, plant Fibre also have huge roles on nitrosamine and other Dna damaging bacteria.

Meat and protein directly increase igf1 levels. That fuks with ur bodys ability to aptosis which is killing the damaged cells. Igf1 is a cancer enabler. It keeps damaged cells around bec it gives them growth factor. Mutations happen.

It saying igf1 is bad, we need it. But at a carnivorous diet level, it's too much.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/06/2019 9:04 pm
Kyte
 Kyte
Estimable Member

Caloric restriction is what makes you feel better, it's really good for immunity and helps a lot with auto immune diseases. It's not the meat itself. It's the microbial flora in the gut in the beginning. Most people go from a poor standard American diet to carnivoriam. No wonder they feel better.. It's not the meat tho. Lol

Restricted diets have restricted gut bacteria. That's bad. Especially in carnivoriam.

Too much meat results in amino acids fermenting bacteria that are known as putrefactive bacteria. Two products of putrefactive bacteria are putrescine and cadaverine. Smells like literal death cadaveric [Rude Language or Insults are not tolerated]. These two also damage DNA in you colon and yknow what's coming? Carcinoma baby.

Also, there's a fkload of studies out there on low fiber intake and colon cancer. More meat you eat the less fiber you'll intake. Str8 simple. Especially on the long run.

Lactic acid, vitamin c, plant Fibre also have huge roles on nitrosamine and other Dna damaging bacteria.

Meat and protein directly increase igf1 levels. That fuks with ur bodys ability to aptosis which is killing the damaged cells. Igf1 is a cancer enabler. It keeps damaged cells around bec it gives them growth factor. Mutations happen.

It saying igf1 is bad, we need it. But at a carnivorous diet level, it's too much.

Damn, I wonder why people have to be told what to eat instead of listening to their needs and find the correct diet balance themselves.

If I eat too much meat I feel bad 

If I feel too much vegetables, I feel bad

If I eat too much sweets, I feel bad

If I eat too much pasta, I feel bad

If I feel I ate too much, I go for a walk

We don't even know what we are anymore

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/06/2019 1:03 am
Roflcopters
Trusted Member
Posted by: Kyte

Damn, I wonder why people have to be told what to eat instead of listening to their needs and find the correct diet balance themselves.

If I eat too much meat I feel bad 

If I feel too much vegetables, I feel bad

If I eat too much sweets, I feel bad

If I eat too much pasta, I feel bad

If I feel I ate too much, I go for a walk

We don't even know what we are anymore

True. But I feel Some people lie to themselves and will feel bad even if they have a perfectly balanced diet. Most important than a perfect diet is physical activity. Sometimes it's in the head..

All I'm trying to do is prevent the extremes tho. Not trying to tell people what they must do, I reckon we're different but we're not  carnivores, that's just factual. People can take facts however they want. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/06/2019 5:05 am
Kyte
 Kyte
Estimable Member

True. But I feel Some people lie to themselves and will feel bad even if they have a perfectly balanced diet. Most important than a perfect diet is physical activity. Sometimes it's in the head..

People should have no reason to lie to themselves. The Is problem that the sistem/society makes them fell unconfortable creating needs that they didn't ask for.

As a matter of fact everyone is autistic, aspergic, ect... now. Bul****its.

Why? :" We don't even know what we are anymore". So the conclusion Is: "I am autistic".

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/06/2019 6:26 am
Roflcopters
Trusted Member
Posted by: Kyte

People should have no reason to lie to themselves. The Is problem that the sistem/society makes them fell unconfortable creating needs that they didn't ask for.

As a matter of fact everyone is autistic, aspergic, ect... now. Bul****its.

Why? :" We don't even know what we are anymore". So the conclusion Is: "I am autistic".

Lmao

I feel you dude. 

I feel like society these days is creating special snowflakes everywhere.

It's like everyone is special because their condition is worse than other peoples condition and their suffering matters more than anyone else and they have the right to be treated in a special snowflake way because the world doesn't understand their pain.

Life's [Rude Language or Insults are not tolerated] hard and unfair and people just don't get that anymore. They don't suffer from responsability and neglect compassion for others. People don't truly care about wellness of being and gratefulness and some1 that doesn't value that doesn't value much else or others.

Lack of life purpose.. Money talks bby. You can't be happy without a purpose. That's why everyone is focused on themselves only and that's a path that leads to depression. It's like they re continually searching and finding stuff that would be the holy grail to fix themselves. Meanwhile the problems up there.

Were accommodated by liberalism snowflakeness.

Their case of asthma or osteoporosis is worse than any elses and it's everyone else's fault from birth that you have it but yours!

Meanwhile you see people with pacemakers at 300 pounds that refuse to take action and lose weight.

Society is more selfish and egotistical then ever. 

It's not that I don't show sympathy for people, I do that actually more than I should. But God.. 

Sometimes I get sick of some stuff. 

BTWWW

this isn't directed to any of the people on this thread. It was just a brainstorm. 

Sorry xD

It comes from the fking head.

Some1 I really care for has COPD, a pulmonary disease that isn't treatable and I had to tell them her all of this.

Short term result I'm a [Rude Language or Insults are not tolerated] head. 

Long term result she will and is starting to take action.

World is too feminine these days. Not saying this because I'm a chauvinist, I love women, they re amazing. but were starting to live in a dreamy too far left world thats ruled by economy. We trust no1. Pure socialism on the long run leads to this. It's evil.

The proof of this is that the things we think about the most are the things we least talk about. Why? Individual 1 says he has asthma to I dividual 2. Individual 2 says oh yeah I have asthma too but it's more sever! It's what's happening.

We don't listen to other people because we don't even listen to ourselves. 

Its a shetfest

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/06/2019 7:25 am
mateogon liked
TGW
 TGW
TGW Admin Admin

@roflcopters 

Stop trying to go around the language filter. It's obviously there for a reason and you're flagrantly ignoring the forum rules by spelling out the words differently 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/06/2019 10:20 am
Roflcopters
Trusted Member
Posted by: TGW

@roflcopters 

Stop trying to go around the language filter. It's obviously there for a reason and you're flagrantly ignoring the forum rules by spelling out the words differently 

It's bec i'm a savage bby! holla at me

just jking

wish all you mfers a good f'ing night out, lifes short, go have fun and bone smash some bully kunts head. cranioskull improvements, social justice and fun the same time.

just jking dont ban me boi, i like lurking around here before sleep

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/06/2019 8:06 pm