Forum

NOTICE:

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Can I get same expansion as an appliance using tongue  

RSS
Samuel Alonzo
(@samuel-alonzo)

Hey,

I was wondering if I could get same expansion as you would get with an appliance just by using an appliance?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/11/2018 6:22 pm pleasehelpme liked
Topic Tags
darkindigo
(@darkindigo)
Eminent Member

No.  An appliance is far superior.  You don't want to train your tongue to put the kind of pressure needed for teeth movement within your mouth to work.  Your tongue is your STRONGEST muscle in the body.  RUN from Dr. Mew's dangerous teachings to an orthodontist.  I've made a list in another thread.  That being said... I still think the British Orthodontic Association should let him back in if any videos with hint of pressure (as opposed to positioning) are taken down.  Having a good tongue posture is fine... and can potentially act as a way to sustain a good smile.  HOWEVER, the PRESSURE put within our mouths is destructive.  ALSO, I wouldn't even start doing anything he suggested until orthodontics is complete.  But at that point, I'd be cautious to remove retainer.  Truthfully, I'd bag Dr. Mike Mew and his teachings.  Getting fuller cheekbones comes at a high cost... (less visible top teeth) and full-length open bite (posterior and anterior).  Run for your lives!!!!  Migraines and other crap associated with TMJ you don't want.  I feel like the stuff he teaches is fine in concept, but in application less so.  I can take him down... and will with the truth.  I'm going to have to get another CBCT and show what's happened.  In full disclosure, I did bit down on my teeth the other day... and part of that could be to blame... Anyway... it could be my own fault... going to an orthodontist.  Yikes!  Just hope I can stop the tongue suck on the roof of my mouth at night.  I don't even remember where my tongue was before all this... and I know I can't get that care-free eating, positioning and sleeping back.  

This post was modified 7 days  ago 4 times by darkindigo
ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/11/2018 8:56 am
Samuel Alonzo
(@samuel-alonzo)

@darkindigo

So you're saying Dr. mike mew is a fraud

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/11/2018 6:35 pm
darkindigo
(@darkindigo)
Eminent Member

I'm saying I don't have the personal bandwidth to put handrails on his teachings, especially when they are adulterated.  I feel this site generally is well run and managed & have enjoyed my time here.  I just feel huge amounts of frustration in skeptism not being tolerated when it conflicts with the ideology of the Admins.  There have been multiple closings of threads (mine and others) where I felt an open dialog and discussion would have benefited all.

I envisioned a place where helpful treatments could be discussed... and wanted to push the conversation towards more traditional treatments and discussing those.  There is a lot of chaos in the orthodontic world when it comes to treatments, and I've been able to cut through a lot of that.  I wanted to share what I've learned.  However, what I've learned is very damning to some of the treatments out there.  I believe with information I could share, that 80-90% of orthodontist would be out of work.  To get to that level of knowledge and understanding and not have a way to share it, it's very frustrating.  I could have just posted publicly, but Myomunchie or Adapt or others would be unhappy.  I could relay a personal phone call that I had with someone at the FDA regarding sleep disordered breathing and ADHD.  They know the connection - they know orthodontics can help... but they're not approving it.  I don't know what else to say... beyond I feel that fundamentally, my underlying reason for leaving the site is three-fold: 1. I'm getting a job soon & won't have the time.  2. My mouth has changes in it that are undesirable. 3. I am too passionate based on what I know and that is creating a problem.  In many ways, I would like to at least share a few things...  I really care about every single one of you.  You keep me up at night... your stories, your challenges, your adventures.  That is why I've been so plurific in writing.  I appologize for any offence I have created... it was not personal or meant to be.  I sometimes have used curt/short language, because I'm really short on time.  If you'd like to write me, please send a message to weloveyoudarkindigo@mailinator.com and I'll respond... be aware that your own email address with be displayed and the message may be read by anyone.  😉

This post was modified 6 days  ago by darkindigo
ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/11/2018 1:11 am
jimbobape
(@jimbobape)

Not the same,

Less or more, but regardless,

More even and directed growth

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/11/2018 8:37 pm
Share:

As you undergo correction in the near future, please consider keeping records for your own sake and for others. Pictures of dental impressions, scans, medical reports reports can be very helpful even with all personally identifying information blocked out.

Your input could help many, many people

Face Development

Working

Please Login or Register