Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Can I get same expansion as an appliance using tongue

Samuel Alonzo
Eminent Member

Hey,

I was wondering if I could get same expansion as you would get with an appliance just by using an appliance?

Topic starter Posted : 10/11/2018 6:22 pm
Topic Tags
Samuel Alonzo
Eminent Member

@darkindigo

So you're saying Dr. mike mew is a fraud

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 11/11/2018 6:35 pm
jimbobape

Not the same,

Less or more, but regardless,

More even and directed growth

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/11/2018 8:37 pm
Couda
Eminent Member

@DarkIndigo

Then you have been mewing wrong. The way to mew is to push the very back of the tongue upwards and have the front part of the tongue relaxed up. If you have the force forwards, that will cause openbite.

But yeah, appliance is superior to mewing when intermolar width is below 37-38 mm. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/11/2018 4:43 am
Rockyp33
Reputable Member

@darkindigo mewing is just excercising a muscle and using it properly. Its not dangerous to apply force if you do it correctly, just like any other excercise if you squat with bad form yes youll gain some strength but you eventually get injured. Applying force is ok if you know how to do it properly. their is no definitive guide because everyones different. All you can do is master your body posture and master tongue posture and results will come with time but for most of us that would take way too long. We need to strengthen the tongue quickly. Mewing has become really complicated on here but its actually very simple you cant mew correctly without good body posture and if you do you may see some undesired changes. Take a look at this post this is proof it works. Also i agree appliances are much faster but this helps buidl the proper tongue posture https://the-great-work.org/community/main-forum/hey-guys-mewing-doesnt-work-sarcasm-age-15-21-before-after-itt/  

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/11/2018 9:46 pm
Rockyp33
Reputable Member

im curious what youve learned about ADHD and whatever other knowledge you have to offer. Ive gathered from reading on this forum that ADHD seems to come from improper growth mainly in the face either because of the hormones, small airway, or muscle imbalances

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/11/2018 9:48 pm
Rockyp33
Reputable Member

seems like you have good knowledge @darkindigo i dont think you should leave this forum just because of the possible dangers of hard mewing. I used to have really bad adhd symptoms and ive been mewing for about a year and i think ive made quite a dramatic change. i wasnt breastfed so i developed really bad bruxism and overbite and mewing fixed my bruxism and improved pretty much every facet in my life and helped a lot of my adhd symptoms. I also have a tongue tie but that just might be from not being breastfed

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/11/2018 3:41 pm
Samuel Alonzo
Eminent Member

Let me make my question clearer I have enough room for my tongue and my IMW is above 39 mm. Now can I have good amount of expansion probably in the 50s and I'm young so.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 25/11/2018 10:30 pm