fbpx
Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Bracesshop hasn't processed my order yet

UglyDuckling
(@uglyduckling)
10+ Forum Posts

I don't know if this is the proper place to discuss this, and if not, I do apologize.

However, I made an order on bracesshop about 5 days ago, and it still appears that they haven't processed my order yet. There hasn't been a charge in my bank account yet, either. 

Is it normal for them to take a long time to process orders?

Topic starter Posted : 18/02/2019 3:09 am
MagnumOpus
(@magnumopus)
50+ Forum Posts

Any update? I am considering using bracesshop but not sure if they are a good seller.

-MO

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/02/2019 10:03 am
elevee
(@elevee)
100+ Forum Posts

I made an order this spring. I placed the order on about May 19, received the impression kit from Germany on the 25th. I shipped them to China via USPS for 35 bucks (vs $105 for FedEx or UPS) on June 3, and they received them yesterday, June 14. They say they expect fabrication to be complete within a week. I'll update to let you know how long it does take in the end.

I'll say they have been very responsive by email--there's a total of 17 emails in the thread about my order, and it's all been very timely. He emailed 5 days after my order to see if I had received the impression kit, asked for photo of my impressions to confirm they were good enough to use before I paid to ship them, and added an item on to my order. The impression kit came with about 6 ounces of each kind of mixing material--plenty to make several mistakes with the impressions and try over without running out. My experience has been very satisfactory so far, but I'll let you know if the appliance actually arrives and fits!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/06/2019 11:50 pm
elevee
(@elevee)
100+ Forum Posts

My items shipped today, June 21, exactly one week after the lab received my impressions. In the mean time, the seller had noticed that I had selected items in two different colors and emailed to ask I wanted them to match. More good signs.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/06/2019 4:31 am
jimbobape
(@jimbobape)
10+ Forum Posts

My impressions were sent to Bracesshop's China lab after elevee's were and are now shipping to me as of June 21st like his are.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/06/2019 12:32 pm
elevee liked
Mangas77
(@mangas77)
50+ Forum Posts

@jimbobape, what are "impressions" ? Are they necessary to buy appliances ?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/06/2019 4:53 am
elevee
(@elevee)
100+ Forum Posts

Yes. The same process is used for all dental appliances including braces. It's a cast model of your teeth, so they can build the appliance to fit in your mouth. Mouths and teeth are far too different from each other, and dental appliances too precise, to use a mass made appliance.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/06/2019 5:50 am
Mangas77 liked
elevee
(@elevee)
100+ Forum Posts

My order arrived yesterday, the 26th--five business days to reach my door. The appliance fits well. At first I thought it came without a key to activate it, but it's actually a tiny little handmade tool that fits in a box about 1.5 inches square that was easy to miss, not the plastic handled, jointed thing I was expecting.

The appliance came in a little storage case, and they sent back my impressions and the casts made from them, so I'll easily be able to compare progress. I'm pleased!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/06/2019 6:01 pm

THE GREAT WORK