Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Bone Remodeling Mechanics  

RSS
qwerty135
Eminent Member

I have been looking into devices like FAGGA and ALF that try to grow the maxilla forwards. Both of them say this happens by bone remodeling, where bone cells are moved to make more bone. My worry is, wouldn’t this leave pockets of less dense/weak bone behind?  Is this a danger?

If it’s not a potential danger, I was hoping anyone had x-rays of patients after treatment, to verify that they avoid this. That would really put my mind at ease 🙂

Posted : 07/04/2019 5:55 pm
Rufus1481

I am having my FAGGA put in by the end of the month. I will be taking vitamin D, magnesium, vitamin K-2, and increasing my dairy intake to ensure I am getting enough calcium. While I won't be done or have xrays for some time, I will be documenting as much as I can and updating here. Feel free to ask me any questions.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/04/2019 9:27 pm
mr.mewing
Estimable Member
Posted by: Rufus1481

I am having my FAGGA put in by the end of the month. I will be taking vitamin D, magnesium, vitamin K-2, and increasing my dairy intake to ensure I am getting enough calcium. While I won't be done or have xrays for some time, I will be documenting as much as I can and updating here. Feel free to ask me any questions.

thats smart all do i think the bone can recover good by the speed those devices work

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/04/2019 2:03 am