Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Biting inside lips/cheeks  

RSS
mateogon

I've been experiencing biting inside my lips and cheeks a lot more often now. Been doing thumb pulling, mckenzie tucks and hard mewing consistently for the last two weeks. Is it related to this or just a coincidence?

Posted : 13/09/2019 10:26 pm
Apollo
Reputable Member

I went through a period when I frequently bit the inside of my lips/cheeks. Mike Mew has a video where he says this happens when the upper arch isn't wide enough in comparison to the lower arch to hold the cheek curtains out away from the biting surface so they get caught between the teeth when chewing. For example, my lower arch is wider than my upper arch, with lingual tipping of the lower molars that prevents cross bite. At its worst, when I estimate my intermolar width got down to around 33mm, I was traumatically biting myself multiple times a week and constantly had sores in my mouth. Since increasing my upper intermolar width by a few millimeters with an expander and starting to practice better tongue posture, I haven't bitten my cheek in months. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/09/2019 7:53 pm
mateogon liked