Forum

Please Note: The Users of this site are not engaged in rendering professional advice or services to the individual reader. The ideas, procedures, and suggestions contained within this work are not intended as a substitute for examination by your medical practitioner.

Biscuspid teeth extraction reversal  

RSS
Nomis
(@nomis)

Has anyone had bicuspid teeth extracted at a young age, had braces, then later opened the spaces back up and got implants? That's what I'm thinking of doing; I had my 2 upper bicuspids extracted as a kid (now I'm in my upper 20s) and I believe with the braces it made my upper arch smaller and therefore my lower arch was prevented from growing. I have a retruded chin, I clench my teeth, snore, and facial asymmetry. I don't know if I have a small airway or if my tongue space is limited, mainly because I lived like this almost my whole life so I'm too used to it.

Just wanted to know if anyone out there had done this already and what resulted of it. I wonder if reopening the spaces and reimplanting would promote any upper or lower jaw bone remodeling, I'd love if it could help with some maxilla upswing and my lower jaw coming out.

This topic was modified 5 days  ago by Nomis
ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/10/2018 3:52 am
Sclera
(@sclera)
Trusted Member

I have the same history as you, but I have not had the extractions reversed. Dr. Mike Mew has in the past actually recommended NOT reversing extractions and instead moving forward with what you have.

Have you had your wisdom teeth removed at all? One of the things that happened to me is that my wisdom teeth erupted, which had room since my 2nd molars had moved forward.

I have seen significant change in my face and my bite, including my mandible moving forward, and a small amount of increased symmetry. But this is through 14 months of mewing and body posture work.

It's just food for thought as I have not had any expansion. I do hope someone can chime in who has had extractions reversed! But the only person I can think of is the guy who started Claiming Power, and that whole situation is rife with controversy.

This post was modified 5 days  ago 2 times by Sclera
ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/10/2018 8:44 am EddieMoney liked
EddieMoney
(@eddiemoney)
Reputable Member

I wish I could get lower bicuspid extractions reversed but that is a bit harder and requires devices. But I also think that it may weaken the chin so who knows 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/10/2018 9:16 am
varbrah
(@varbrah)
Trusted Member

Consider getting them only after you’ve reached a level of growth your comfortable with. They’re physically implanted into your jaw bone and are not mobile like teeth, so they will impede growth afterwards.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/10/2018 12:06 pm
Share:

As you undergo correction in the near future, please consider keeping records for your own sake and for others. Pictures of dental impressions, scans, medical reports reports can be very helpful even with all personally identifying information blocked out.

Your input could help many, many people

Face Development

Working

Please Login or Register