NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Beginning TMJ after starting chewing(Pls help)  

RSS
WtfAmI

Hello everyone,

so I started chewing some falim pieces for about an hour a few weeks ago. Chewing is not an option, but an absolute must for me as my masseters are really asymetrical because I chewed only the right side for most of my life. Even though I thought I wasnt overdoing the workouts ,Im now having slight constant jaw pain a lot of the time, which gets worse while chewing on my left side. I really dont wanna get serious TMJ but I also do not wanna stop chewing for named reasons, so how to move on from now? Should I stop for a while,(how long?), start massaging my masseters or something? Help would be greatly appreciated!

Posted : 10/07/2019 8:58 am
Topic Tags
Pame
 Pame
Trusted Member

Take a break for a few weeks until you can chew with no pain again. If you keep chewing the pain will keep getting worse and you risk causing permanent damage to your TMJ which will cause a lot of misery for you.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/07/2019 3:18 pm