Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

been mewing for almost 2 years now honestly stalled on a lot of progress after the first 6 months. Im going to try out a new routine and let you guys know how it goes.  

RSS
Rockyp33
Reputable Member

I noticed many of us on here cnat make progress and when it comes down to it i think its consistency. i made the most progress early on when it was all i thought about and slowly that faded. But i think consistency is only half the problem. I think a lot of us just keep our tongue up and hope for the best.. but thats not how you strengthen a muscle.. it helps its like staying in a plank push up position for hours yeah itll strengthen you but only to an extent in my belief. So im going to try and tackle mewing like a workout program im going to do myofunctional stretches everyday and swallowing reps everyday of the cheesy swallow from mike mew. Im going to go for around 200 cheesy swallows a day and as much stretching as i can remember. Ill do this for a few weeks and let you know how it goes. Heres the video demonstrating the swallow. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcI8CvoFxfQ

Posted : 19/05/2019 3:24 am
Kyte
 Kyte
Estimable Member

Hi!

Proper (push) swallow Is the main point i guess. I made It become an habit since the beginning ( 5 months ago). I had to ( even my dentist slightly suggest it), because I used to ingest a lot of air making me feel sick and "burpy". I am super fine now.

I keep gently stroking the palate with the tongue as if was modelling the clay, from back to front.

Good luck!

Take a look at  this 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/05/2019 4:04 am
Rockyp33
Reputable Member

IM AWARE BUT THAT PIC IS INTERESTING THAT might mean we shouldnt hold the tongue too far back after a swallow cause you see it goes all the way back then resets.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/05/2019 8:03 pm