Share:

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Average intermolar width despite ideal forwards + upwards position of the craniofacial complex?  

RSS

Greetings, all.

Here are some related statistics pertaining to my growth before I delve into the bulk of my post:

Orthotropic Indicator Value - Measured multiple times by another individual for accuracy: 39 millimeters

Estimated Intermolar Width - Measurement taken between the lingual surfaces of the maxillary first molars: 36/37 millimeters

As you may be able to glean from the stats above, I have no recessive (downwards + backwards) facial growth. According to Orthotropic guidelines and teachings, I am actually one of the lucky few individuals in modern civilization possessing facial growth which rivals that of our prehistoric ancestors. Indeed, I have a compact midface, full lips, well-supported eyes, acute nasolabial angle, and prominent jaw—as well as compact gonial angle.

However, please note the breadth (or lack thereof) of my palate; my estimates place my width just slightly-above the modern average, and as a consequence, I could benefit from a few millimeters of palatal expansion. 

Ultimately, I’m left to ponder this question: If my facial growth (regarding position of both maxilla and mandible) corresponds to the prehistoric ideal, why is my palate of average size? Where could I have messed up in my development?

I’ve always maintained good posture (both oral and body), whether it be in sleep or throughout my everyday life. I’ve also never had any issues with my airways—I don’t snore, as confirmed by other individuals I’ve slept aside. 

Would someone mind providing their input? I’d greatly appreciate hearing all of your thoughts.

P.S. I’m typing this on mobile and wish to include a picture of my profile for reference. I can’t seem to copy the photo into this post, and also am unable to attach as a file (using iPhone). Is there any other way to include my picture in this post?

Another note: For the purpose of this post (and your reference), my profile is similar to that of the model depicted in the link below.

http://www.herbritts.com/#/archive/photo/christy-profile-hollywood-1988/

Posted : 11/07/2019 4:59 am
Share:

As you undergo correction in the near future, please consider keeping records for your own sake and for others. Pictures of dental impressions, scans, medical reports reports can be very helpful even with all personally identifying information blocked out.

Your input could help many, many people

Face Development

Please Login or Register