Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Asymmetry face  

RSS
Reconciliation

hello, I've recently started mewing and I think my assymetry face is becoming worse. I'm not sure how to correct it so can someone please advice me? Thank you

Posted : 03/03/2019 6:09 pm
darkindigo
Reputable Member

Honestly, this is a common side-effect of "Mewing" to look better.  Report it s dangerous, if needed: c https://the-great-work.org/community/main-forum/reporting-dangerous-videos/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/03/2019 6:15 pm
Reconciliation

Do you know any way to reverse this? Before mewing, I have this problem. When my mouth is closed, my under lips looks like it's not aligned properly with my top lips. My jaw seems like it's more to the right. (I don't really know how to explain it as English is not my first language but I'm trying). I'm kind of worried about this as I notice it's getting worse? I used to have braces until 4 years ago. Thank you.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/03/2019 6:33 pm
darkindigo
Reputable Member

There's been a lot of injured souls come through here with new or worsening asymmetries.  I might try to private message them for advice.

Maybe see someone like this?  https://the-great-work.org/community/main-forum/3d-cbct-airway-orthodontists/#post-10386

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/03/2019 6:40 pm
darkindigo
Reputable Member
Posted by: Reconciliation

Do you know any way to reverse this? Before mewing, I have this problem. When my mouth is closed, my under lips looks like it's not aligned properly with my top lips. My jaw seems like it's more to the right. (I don't really know how to explain it as English is not my first language but I'm trying). I'm kind of worried about this as I notice it's getting worse? I used to have braces until 4 years ago. Thank you.

Wait - where are you at?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/03/2019 7:41 pm
Zag
 Zag

Something similar has happened to me, evne worse I'd say.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/03/2019 1:20 am
Angelina

i think this is because in case of assymetry its very hard to mew in the correct way, we used to place our tongue and keep our mandibles in a certain way. this i think because i have asymmetry too and i noticed its even getting worse after some time mewing. i bought a myobrace and i can see my asymmetry is getting better already. the sensation is still weird though, im not used to place my tongue and jaw the way it sits with myobrace. im not sure about forward growth but i think myobrace can really help with such things

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/03/2019 2:20 pm
Oatmeal
Trusted Member

Really? I've seen my asymmetries get a little better.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/03/2019 10:09 pm