Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Are under eye bags/hollows a craniofacial/bone issue or soft tissue?  

RSS
Keengo
Trusted Member

What is up with this area being hollow? Even seen people with very high cheekbones that has prominence and still have some dark circles. Is this a tissue problem? I mean assuming the person has no allergies/etc. and it's clearly a hollow or sunken area like there's volume loss. I've seen multiple theories on this discussed on multiple sites, but no clear explanation. I've heard of orbital rim issues, but is this bone-related? Bone + soft tissue together?

Do infraorbital rims/buttress area under eyes have any correlation with cheekbone placement, maxilla or etc.? Or is this problem completely unrelated to bones and more so soft tissue problem, like fat/muscle/etc.?

Just wondering because if people with good facial development can still have this, what is the real issue?

Examples: David Gandy and Francisco Lachowski both have these, but are both moels and have good bone/soft tissue/skin development. It's not necessarily like an "ugly people trait" or however you want to put it like some people have called it [Rude Language or Insults are not tolerated]-esque.

But what can be done about it non-cosmetically, if anything? Seems to be no hope here without fillers/grafts/etc. Mewing/face pulling/etc. does literally nothing for this.

** The face pulling "bag method" -- https://the-great-work.org/community/main-forum/face-pulling/#post-3902 **

** Keengo Chin Tuck method w/force (WIP)-- https://the-great-work.org/community/main-forum/chin-tuck-with-added-force-chin-tuck-2-0-new-theory-inside/ **

Posted : 29/05/2018 11:36 pm
EddieMoney
Reputable Member
Posted by: Keengo

What is up with this area being hollow? Even seen people with very high cheekbones that has prominence and still have some dark circles. Is this a tissue problem? I mean assuming the person has no allergies/etc. and it's clearly a hollow or sunken area like there's volume loss. I've seen multiple theories on this discussed on multiple sites, but no clear explanation. I've heard of orbital rim issues, but is this bone-related? Bone + soft tissue together?

Do infraorbital rims/buttress area under eyes have any correlation with cheekbone placement, maxilla or etc.? Or is this problem completely unrelated to bones and more so soft tissue problem, like fat/muscle/etc.?

Just wondering because if people with good facial development can still have this, what is the real issue?

Examples: David Gandy and Francisco Lachowski both have these, but are both moels and have good bone/soft tissue/skin development. It's not necessarily like an "ugly people trait" or however you want to put it like some people have called it [Rude Language or Insults are not tolerated]-esque.

But what can be done about it non-cosmetically, if anything? Seems to be no hope here without fillers/grafts/etc. Mewing/face pulling/etc. does literally nothing for this.

Literally see nothing off about Gandy or Lachowski's eye areas 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/05/2018 11:40 pm
Keengo
Trusted Member

On Lookism I've seen some candids/bad pictures of them both with under eye pics.

It's of course edited out in pro shots/shoots, but in candids without makeup they're sometimes visible.

I mean them being visible all of the time and being unable to even hide with makeup/etc. (literal bags). That's how there's a difference between "some dark circles sometimes" (lack of sleep, drugs, etc.)  vs. permanent, 24/7 bags that never go away and are like hollows that poof out.

** The face pulling "bag method" -- https://the-great-work.org/community/main-forum/face-pulling/#post-3902 **

** Keengo Chin Tuck method w/force (WIP)-- https://the-great-work.org/community/main-forum/chin-tuck-with-added-force-chin-tuck-2-0-new-theory-inside/ **

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/05/2018 10:49 pm