Share:

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Are there any ways to cause lip atrophy ?  

RSS
Joe9813
(@joe9813)

Question in the title 

Posted : 15/04/2019 9:51 am
ForTheFuture
(@forthefuture)

The lips are not a muscle.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/04/2019 8:19 am
Redbird
(@redbird)

Yeah, but only if they are being used improperly. If that is the case then just keep them relaxed and together, otherwise their size is just genetic.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/04/2019 9:57 am
EddieMoney
(@eddiemoney)
Reputable Member

Sometimes you must relax the mentalis muscle. Other times the orbicularis oris. Sometimes you may need to engage the zygomaticus. Unless we know the exact cause your lip position and why they are tensed or enlarged is only speculation.

I know that proper oral posture made my lips look more aesthetic. I had two teeth extracted on the lower arch so lightly jutting my jaw gives me a natural lip fullness that looks appropriate for a male. But if I close my mouth with my narrow lower arch sitting deep inside the upper, my upper lip pouts too much and makes me look feminine.

So lip size is not as "genetic" as people make it out to be . For example bimax isn't genetic but it causes the lips to protrude excessively. Do you have bimax, OP?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/04/2019 10:31 am
Share:

As you undergo correction in the near future, please consider keeping records for your own sake and for others. Pictures of dental impressions, scans, medical reports reports can be very helpful even with all personally identifying information blocked out.

Your input could help many, many people

Face Development

Working

Please Login or Register