Forum

NOTICE:

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Are symmetrical abs an indicator of good genes?  

RSS
Fred
 Fred
(@fred)
Trusted Member

I've been wondering since I found out a symmetrical face is an indicator of good genes and I suppose it's the same for muscles such as the abdominals. 

I imagine I would have quite a face with some degree of asymmetry, if it were not for me leaning my head on my hand and chewing on one side more frequently then the other.

I would like to know, thank you if you replied.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/11/2018 10:02 pm RamonT liked
Topic Tags
ben
 ben
(@ben)
Trusted Member
Posted by: Fred

I've been wondering since I found out a symmetrical face is an indicator of good genes and I suppose it's the same for muscles such as the abdominals. 

I imagine I would have quite a face with some degree of asymmetry, if it were not for me leaning my head on my hand and chewing on one side more frequently then the other.

I would like to know, thank you if you replied.

Just as a symmetrical face is an indicator of healthy developmentsymmetrical abdominals are a direct reflection of lifestyle, rather than genetics. 

For example, scoliosis can result in a misaligned cranium, uneven shoulders and pecs, etc. The same applies to the abdominal muscles. Any sort of spinal disfigurement could result in visual asymmetry of the torso. 

Remember: it's not so much genetics as it is environment. Nature versus nurture. A subtle degree of biological asymmetry is to be expected—even celebrated—in all living organisms. However, pathological asymmetry differs in nature, and is a direct consequence of the surrounding environment and lifestyle of an individual.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/11/2018 10:16 pm
ben
 ben
(@ben)
Trusted Member

In my opinion, we really ought to debunk this whole "superior genetics" approach. This forum can veer dangerously towards the attitudes commonly found amongst the pathetic cretins of PSL, which isn't healthy for anyone's state of mind. This forum was founded in the name of improving health, and should continue to embody the same sentiments.

Mind you, I'm not simply stating this out of "insecurity". I'm healthy and handsome at this point in time, and secure in my mental perception of myself and others. However, one can always improve their health, and should strive to do so. This is the reason why many of us are here. 

Just my thoughts.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/11/2018 10:21 pm LIL Tyler and RamonT liked
Fred
 Fred
(@fred)
Trusted Member

That makes a lot of sense and you made a good point about what this website was founded on.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/11/2018 11:03 pm
Share:

As you undergo correction in the near future, please consider keeping records for your own sake and for others. Pictures of dental impressions, scans, medical reports reports can be very helpful even with all personally identifying information blocked out.

Your input could help many, many people

Face Development

Working

Please Login or Register