fbpx
Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Anyone see the latest post on Claiming Power

Abdulrahman
Reputable Member

I checked the blog few days ago and saw the latest post from July where CP was talking about his new business. He starts off explaining why he stopped posting often and explains the situation with his new work giving out too much privet information before turning the whole thing into a sales advance.

I had some suspicions before about CP but this really exposed everything. I mean I still hope that he did not start off the site trying to sell a success story from the beginning just to make money off unsuspecting people.

so so disappointed.

my story: http://www.aljabri.com/blog/my-story/

Topic starter Posted : 10/08/2018 12:32 pm
EddieMoney
Reputable Member

Just read it. What cringe. 

Maybe he is making money online passively but the delivery of his message is disappointing. It literally has nothing to do with his site. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/08/2018 12:48 pm
Rockyp33 liked
EddieMoney
Reputable Member

Also why is his head posture worse in the after pic?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/08/2018 12:52 pm
Abdulrahman
Reputable Member

I am not sure really, maybe its just the way he was holding the camera. I remember though that he refused to share his pictures in public posts before and kept them for paying members only under the excuse that he did not want his personal pictures posted online. Now he doesn't just post his pictures online but also his work history and income details just to promote his new product. And looking at those pictures, I can't imagine the disappointment those who paid had after viewing them.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 10/08/2018 1:17 pm
EddieMoney
Reputable Member

Don't get me wrong. His progress looks great in profile (his jaw clearly advanced). But this coupled with the "Maxilla Method" scam he tried pulling  we can see he was never a trustworthy source. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/08/2018 1:48 pm
Abdulrahman
Reputable Member

Yea I see what you mean, but this guy was sending to new members of his site a pdf talking about how everyone had the potential to be good looking, and that it was just a development problem that they did not. And now after 3-4 years of effort this is all he got to show? I mean great for him the improvements, but for all the hype he created people would have expected much more I think.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 10/08/2018 2:20 pm
Apollo
Reputable Member

The new post is strangely commercial, but it's good to hear that he is happy with his results, comfortable enough to share pictures outside the paywall, and has moved on with his life to pursue new interests.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/08/2018 2:39 pm
EddieMoney
Reputable Member
Posted by: Abdulrahman

Yea I see what you mean, but this guy was sending to new members of his site a pdf talking about how everyone had the potential to be good looking, and that it was just a development problem that they did not. And now after 3-4 years of effort this is all he got to show? I mean great for him the improvements, but for all the hype he created people would have expected much more I think.

He definitely spent a lot of effort and money for a few millimeters of advancement. But then again isn't that what all surgery does anyway? 

I am hopeful that progress like his is possible without appliances but that may be wishful thinking. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/08/2018 3:41 pm
mew
 mew

6 years. I don't really see any progress other than him changing the angle to push his jaw out more

v

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/08/2018 6:03 pm
Slinky liked
FioraLaurent

At least it confirmed mewing and all this chewing/facepull stuff is scam after 20+ years old

Just wish my parents were more redpilled about lookS and beat me up anytime they had see me suck my thumb now it's too late 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/08/2018 10:54 pm
Abdulrahman
Reputable Member
Posted by: EddieMoney

He definitely spent a lot of effort and money for a few millimeters of advancement. But then again isn't that what all surgery does anyway? 

I am hopeful that progress like his is possible without appliances but that may be wishful thinking. 

Surgery, if done correctly, does wonders. This is just an example he posted a while ago:

Posted by: mew

6 years. I don't really see any progress other than him changing the angle to push his jaw out more

You can see exactly what he achieved in one of his latest posts. He includes pictures of his teeth impressions before and after.

Using biobloc appliances he pushed things to the max and even over tipped the front teeth just to open the gaps for the implants to replace his extracted premolars. He managed to expand his inter-molar width by few mm, but does not say anything about his vertical growth indicator. 

Posted by: FioraLaurent

At least it confirmed mewing and all this chewing/facepull stuff is scam after 20+ years old

Mewing is not a scam, it works but very slowly and I think Dr. Mew is not being straight forward enough about this, which creates over expectations and then disappointment. Plus mewing has great health benefits. When your tongue becomes stronger and sits where it should and lower jaw stays closed you breath through your nose and your airway stays open. That's a huge health benefit.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 11/08/2018 12:08 am
andread24

why the hump on his nose is flattened in the after picture? Is the different angle?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/08/2018 2:33 am
Abdulrahman
Reputable Member
Posted by: andread24

why the hump on his nose is flattened in the after picture? Is the different angle?

Yes, different angle is one. The before picture is taken from above looking down towards the hump. More importantly though, is the lighting and background.

In the before picture the nose is dark and the background is light, thus its highlighting the outline of the nose clearly. Also there is a reflection on his nose right on top of the hump that's making that area seem further depressed compared to the after.

In light of all this, I doubt his nose changed much.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 11/08/2018 4:24 am
Banknote
Eminent Member

Just wish my parents were more redpilled about lookS and beat me up anytime they had see me suck my thumb now it's too late 

Mewing is not fake LOL , much less chewing  , go to back lookism LUL

A lei do esforço nunca falha

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/08/2018 9:51 am
RamonT and EddieMoney liked
mew
 mew

You can see exactly what he achieved in one of his latest posts. He includes pictures of his teeth impressions before and after.

Using biobloc appliances he pushed things to the max and even over tipped the front teeth just to open the gaps for the implants to replace his extracted premolars. He managed to expand his inter-molar width by few mm, but does not say anything about his vertical growth indicator.

He moved his teeth by like a few mm. Okay? He has zero visible changes in terms of forward maxillary development. This is over 6 years too.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/08/2018 10:32 am
Mewer000

Does anyone know how old claiming power admin was when he started mewing?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/08/2018 7:48 pm
Rockyp33
Reputable Member

yall remember that guy that was on his site claiming this "new method" my theory is that it was him himself using to scam people for money

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/08/2018 9:26 pm
EddieMoney
Reputable Member

He moved his teeth by like a few mm. Okay? He has zero visible changes in terms of forward maxillary development. This is over 6 years too.

I think he relied  much on devices. From what I notice that's all they accomplish .

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/08/2018 10:16 pm
Abdulrahman
Reputable Member

I think he relied  much on devices. From what I notice that's all they accomplish .

To the contrary he put great effort into learning how to mew and sallow correctly. He used the stage three to keep his mouth closed while sleeping. He replaced his chair and computer desk with something more posture friendly. He did froward head posture correction exercises.  He has entire posts dedicated to explaining each of those things. His treatment was carried out by a certified orthotropist and he consulted with Dr. Mike Mew often. He did everything by the book.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 11/08/2018 10:59 pm
Apollo liked
Slinky
Trusted Member

Literally no changes in his face. Just a scammer who farmed off money from people. Expected

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/08/2018 5:21 am
EddieMoney
Reputable Member

I will say that while this is incredibly disappointing regarding his claims, I have still seen enough positive change on myself to know this isn't a scam. 

The expectation does have to be set however that at NO point will you ever stop looking like yourself. This needs to be taken into consideration. The whole "mewing will make you a model" is a meme. A sad one at that. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/08/2018 11:11 am
Plokmijn liked
FioraLaurent

I will say that while this is incredibly disappointing regarding his claims, I have still seen enough positive change on myself to know this isn't a scam. 

The expectation does have to be set however that at NO point will you ever stop looking like yourself. This needs to be taken into consideration. The whole "mewing will make you a model" is a meme. A sad one at that. 

That's the problem on this forum everybody is claiming he's made progress but 0 pics  , most pics have another angle and lightning , and the few with legit same before after posture pics illustrate close to 0 ( for not say 0 )  improvements .

I think peoples are just coping super hard here , i find this  really sad  and funny at the  same time  tbh

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/08/2018 9:55 pm
Mewer000

100% agree, the only way we will have cold hard evidence of forward growth is by using the mew indicator score over a time period.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/08/2018 6:49 am
Abdulrahman
Reputable Member

I wish people on this forum were more serious in recording their progress. I mean all it takes is an impression to measure the inter molar width, one when starting and the other a year later. Measuring using a tape inside the mouth just dose not work, especially when trying to compare before and after. Plus it's so easy to post progress with a picture of the mold without posting a personal picture.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 14/08/2018 1:52 pm
EddieMoney
Reputable Member
Posted by: Mewer000

100% agree, the only way we will have cold hard evidence of forward growth is by using the mew indicator score over a time period.

This and what @abdulrahman said is what is important. Hard evidence as opposed to face pics which really say nothing. 

Part of this IMO is because Dr. Mew makes it seem like maxillary development is everything in creating attractive people. This I believe is where the dissatisfaction comes in. 

I personally never expect to look like a different person. I just want my turkey neck to go away. Literally all I want. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/08/2018 3:27 pm
EddieMoney
Reputable Member

That's the problem on this forum everybody is claiming he's made progress but 0 pics  , most pics have another angle and lightning , and the few with legit same before after posture pics illustrate close to 0 ( for not say 0 )  improvements .

I think peoples are just coping super hard here , i find this  really sad  and funny at the  same time  tbh

This guy got his results in 2 years. Visible photo proof of bone remodeling in an adult.

https://the-great-work.org/community/case-discussions/2-year-profile-improvement/

Just because Claiming Power didn't fare well doesn't invalidate anything. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/08/2018 11:33 pm
Slinky
Trusted Member

Dr Mike Mew has made people believe that proper tongue posture since birth is all it takes to look like a model which certainly isn't true. I think the health benefits of proper tongue and body posture outweigh the aesthetic benefits. I personally want a wider smile and better airways (intermolar width currently 40mm, 45mm+ is what I'm trying to achieve )

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/08/2018 3:18 am
Abdulrahman
Reputable Member
Posted by: Slinky

Dr Mike Mew has made people believe that proper tongue posture since birth is all it takes to look like a model which certainly isn't true. I think the health benefits of proper tongue and body posture outweigh the aesthetic benefits. I personally want a wider smile and better airways (intermolar width currently 40mm, 45mm+ is what I'm trying to achieve )

Yes, and claiming power is more responsible for spreading this illusion though.

That being said proper facial development can actually make a big difference. I speak from personal experience. When I had my first orthodontic treatment in 2007 my doctor extracted my wisdom teeth and pulled back my upper teeth to match my recessed mandible. It made the situation worse over time, gave me tmj and tinnitus, worsened my breathing, and ruined my appearance. People who see my pictures pre-2007 and after always comment how my appearance changed. My current treatment is reversing that.

So I would say if Dr. Mew or anyone is speaking about a case like mine then yes there is quite a potential for esthetic improvements specifically in the lower third area. But I have not seen evidence for any significant change in the middle third. That is why I am awaiting the Orthotropic seminar in September. I am hoping Dr. Mew is going to be releasing new before & after cases that showcase real improvements for adults in that area.  

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 15/08/2018 4:38 am
Mewer000

Abdulrahman have you had much success in reversing your situation?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/08/2018 4:46 am
Abdulrahman
Reputable Member

Abdulrahman have you had much success in reversing your situation?

Yes, its reversing steadily.

The retro inclination of my front top teeth was reversed to normal. The 3mm overjet I had was closed by releasing the mandible to slide forward. This was achieved mainly by expanding my arches, which have increased by +3mm. My upper jaw still needs to go forward a little to match where it was before the first orthodontic treatment.

This was done with braces and a small acrylic expander, not just mewing. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 15/08/2018 9:30 am
Mewer000 liked
Mewer000

Abdulrahman, so as of this point you haven't moved your maxilla forward at all? Only teeth adjustments?  

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/08/2018 10:05 am
Abdulrahman
Reputable Member

Abdulrahman, so as of this point you haven't moved your maxilla forward at all? Only teeth adjustments?  

It probably moved a little bit, because along with teeth movement there is always bone remodeling in the alveolar ridge. But I can't answer this question precisely because I never took my vertical growth indicator before starting mewing and orthodontic treatment.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 15/08/2018 10:10 am
Dominik
Trusted Member

To be fair his jawline looks great, means teeth meet ok, his breathing is probably ok too.

Idk why ppl think they will look like supermodels or something. All I want out of this is:

1. Better breathing

2. My mandible is pushed back and down due to how the teeth meet in the front & back, I hope if I fix that, it will move up and forward just enough so the bite feels comfortable and I don't have to pull it back all the time, its straining my masseters and causing migraines.

Considering that my teeth are tipped inwards both up and down at inter-molar 40 mm and I have front crowding at inter-canine 34 mm, I think my expectations are quite realistic.

I'll post at 6 months then 1 year then 2 years.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/08/2018 7:03 am
RamonT liked
EddieMoney
Reputable Member
Posted by: Dominik

To be fair his jawline looks great, means teeth meet ok, his breathing is probably ok too.

Idk why ppl think they will look like supermodels or something. All I want out of this is:

1. Better breathing

2. My mandible is pushed back and down due to how the teeth meet in the front & back, I hope if I fix that, it will move up and forward just enough so the bite feels comfortable and I don't have to pull it back all the time, its straining my masseters and causing migraines.

Considering that my teeth are tipped inwards both up and down at inter-molar 40 mm and I have front crowding at inter-canine 34 mm, I think my expectations are quite realistic.

I'll post at 6 months then 1 year then 2 years.

Probably because Mike Mew style marketing has made people believe that. I respect Mew and what he has done for society (yes it's that big) but his marketing can mislead people into much bigger expectations.  

I don't follow his channel nor his marketing pages on social media. They are rife with outlandish claims and are overall lame. 

The thing is looking like a model requires a specific combination of physical traits that are mostly genetic. Look at most models. They are over 6'0 if male and maybe a few inches less if female. They have long limbs and torsos. This is genetic. They have full lips. This is also genetic. They tend to have a long ramus. Low hairlines. All of these things were determined before the person was even born. Your maxillary development may make your face of ideal development but it doesn't mean we all will look like models because models all have specific features that perfect maxillary development will not create. Genes need to be factored in. But Mew leaves that out.

Even with ideal jaw development, Mike Mew looks nothing like a model. Yet look at Francisco Lachowski in side view. His Mew indicator line score looks high. Yet he is still a model.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/08/2018 9:46 am
Dominik and Slinky liked
Slinky
Trusted Member

Agreed fully. The guy with the most amazing facial development i've seen (50mm+ dental arches naturally, ridiculously wide skull probably the widest i've seen) is below average in terms of looks

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/08/2018 12:08 pm
RamonT and Dominik liked
EddieMoney
Reputable Member

Agreed fully. The guy with the most amazing facial development i've seen (50mm+ dental arches naturally, ridiculously wide skull probably the widest i've seen) is below average in terms of looks

Wide skull as "ideal development " is a meme. In many climates (especially subtropical and tropical), a dolichocephalic skull is what is ideal for heat dissipation. Look across the Mediterranean world and Africa. Narrow long skulls are the rule. In East Asia it is the opposite where wide skulls are the rule. Yet cfd exists in all continents across all races. 

Some features are genetic. Weak chins are genetic. Hook noses are genetic. Some features aren't. Narrow palates aren't genetic. Recessed maxilla is not genetic. Neither is a narrow airway. But I feel that Orthotropics likes to make many unfounded claims and I feel like that is what makes people see Mike as a scammer and see all of our efforts as a joke. 

Your nose shape won't change. Your face will see improvements, true. But don't think your hook nose will go away or that your narrow skull will become much wider. Or that your thin lips will become plump. You become a better version of you but you will never look like not you. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/08/2018 1:11 pm
Dominik liked
Abdulrahman
Reputable Member

This:

When Dr. Mew posts this picture as an artist illustration of a properly developed face and ignores the fact that the artist used beautiful features and proportions that have nothing to do with that, people are going to be mislead into thinking that orthotrpoics can make them look like models.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 16/08/2018 2:02 pm
Abdulrahman
Reputable Member

Hook noses are genetic.

Hooked nose or nose with "humps" can be a product of CFD. When the face grows down and back the ANS and A points don't grow forward and high enough to support the nose tip cartilage so it slides down creating the distinct hump.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 16/08/2018 2:12 pm
varbrah and Apollo liked
Apollo
Reputable Member

The thing is looking like a model requires a specific combination of physical traits that are mostly genetic. Look at most models. They are over 6'0 if male and maybe a few inches less if female. They have long limbs and torsos. This is genetic. They have full lips. This is also genetic. They tend to have a long ramus. Low hairlines. All of these things were determined before the person was even born. Your maxillary development may make your face of ideal development but it doesn't mean we all will look like models because models all have specific features that perfect maxillary development will not create. Genes need to be factored in. But Mew leaves that out.

Even with ideal jaw development, Mike Mew looks nothing like a model. Yet look at Francisco Lachowski in side view. His Mew indicator line score looks high. Yet he is still a model.

Wide skull as "ideal development " is a meme. In many climates (especially subtropical and tropical), a dolichocephalic skull is what is ideal for heat dissipation. Look across the Mediterranean world and Africa. Narrow long skulls are the rule. In East Asia it is the opposite where wide skulls are the rule. Yet cfd exists in all continents across all races. 

Some features are genetic. Weak chins are genetic. Hook noses are genetic. Some features aren't. Narrow palates aren't genetic. Recessed maxilla is not genetic. Neither is a narrow airway. But I feel that Orthotropics likes to make many unfounded claims and I feel like that is what makes people see Mike as a scammer and see all of our efforts as a joke. 

Your nose shape won't change. Your face will see improvements, true. But don't think your hook nose will go away or that your narrow skull will become much wider. Or that your thin lips will become plump. You become a better version of you but you will never look like not you. 

I think you are using the term "genetic" too broadly to mean any feature that we can't change as adults without surgery. For example, you mentioned how models are all tall, but obviously there is an environmental component to this phenotype, including nutritional state during developmental years. You say narrow palates aren't genetic, but certainly their are genetic diseases which predispose to narrow palates. Some structural characteristics might have more of a genetic component than others, but to determine if a certain morphology is coded by your genes isn't to ask if it can be changed as an adult, but rather to ask if it would be different if developmental conditions had been different as a child. It's always hard to prove a counterfactual. For the vast majority of people, if they had developed to their full genetic potential, they would be exceptionally attractive. Mike Mew has discussed how his jaws are far from his own standards of ideal. As adults, we can't turn back the clock to reach that full potential, but we can prevent further structural decline and make some modest improvements. My asymmetries, for example, aren't from my genes, and are measurably improved.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/08/2018 3:16 pm
EddieMoney
Reputable Member

@Apollo

Height isn't something whereby perfect nutrition everyone can be 6 foot or higher. That component is genetic.

And also not everyone with ideal development will look like a model. Being attractive =/= looking like a model. I agree ideal development is attractive as opposed to unideal development but models have specific features and traits like long limbs. That is genetic because even if someone is 6 foot tall if their height is mostly in their torso they can't look like a model. People have differing builds and models tend to slender builds which regardless of nutrition are genetic. If you come from a long line of paedomorphic individuals you can grow to 7 feet and still have the same proportions as your shorter ancestors. 

@Abdulrahman I am making a point about soft tissue when I say nose shape. A dorsal hump may be fixed but the nose shape in and of itself will stay the same. If your nose has soft tissue that "hooks" down, that isn't going away.

Anyway to sum up everything I am saying, people can definitely improve their looks through posture changes, but don't expect to resemble a model unless you have the bone structure in face and body for it. Also, who are we to say models have ideal development anyway? Look at Lachowski above. His maxilla looks recessed judging by how far the incisors are to nose tip. Model =/= ideal just because the fashion industry says so.  

Also Mike Mew may think his jaw isn't super optimal for an adult but it's not like that is the only component of beauty.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/08/2018 4:13 pm
Apollo
Reputable Member

@Apollo

Height isn't something whereby perfect nutrition everyone can be 6 foot or higher. That component is genetic.

And also not everyone with ideal development will look like a model. Being attractive =/= looking like a model. I agree ideal development is attractive as opposed to unideal development but models have specific features and traits like long limbs. That is genetic because even if someone is 6 foot tall if their height is mostly in their torso they can't look like a model. People have differing builds and models tend to slender builds which regardless of nutrition are genetic. If you come from a long line of paedomorphic individuals you can grow to 7 feet and still have the same proportions as your shorter ancestors. 

@Abdulrahman I am making a point about soft tissue when I say nose shape. A dorsal hump may be fixed but the nose shape in and of itself will stay the same. If your nose has soft tissue that "hooks" down, that isn't going away.

Anyway to sum up everything I am saying, people can definitely improve their looks through posture changes, but don't expect to resemble a model unless you have the bone structure in face and body for it. Also, who are we to say models have ideal development anyway? Look at Lachowski above. His maxilla looks recessed judging by how far the incisors are to nose tip. Model =/= ideal just because the fashion industry says so.  

Also Mike Mew may think his jaw isn't super optimal for an adult but it's not like that is the only component of beauty.  

I guess you are perseverating about "looking like a model" because you believe that is how Dr. Mew markets orthotropics. I think most people just want to look like the best version of themselves that they can. Unfortunately, most of us look pretty discrepant from that ideal. Height, like most morphological features, is a combination of both genes and the environmental conditions of your development, which change how genes are expressed. For example, the offspring of immigrants from developing countries often grow taller than their parents because of better nutrition during developmental years. It's not about them reaching some arbitrary height threshold to qualify for "model proportions," it's that they are taller than they would have been otherwise (or the reverse, deprive someone of adequate nutrition during their developmental years and their growth will be stunted). So we can't just say height is genetic. Genes might have more influence on height than some other traits, but there is still an environmental impact. I just mention height as a example to show how some of the facial features you mention might run in families and be predominately influenced by genetics, but could still have some environmental modulation. So two people who are equally attractive might have different genetic potentials but one is closer to reaching their potential than the other. I think you understand this, but I just want to nuance the language to clarify for others. I think we agree that many of these traits are very difficult or impossible to change as adults but that doesn't necessarily mean they were predetermined by genes.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/08/2018 5:40 pm
Dominik
Trusted Member

@Apollo some members here have mentioned that they were barely breastfed. I checked it out and apparently one should be breast fed by the mother for a minimum of 1 to 3 years in order to achieve proper development. This is true in my case (barely 2 months) and my brother has it worse with immune system issues due to only 2 weeks breastfeeding as a baby.

Is it possible that lack of breastfeeding would lead to underdevelopment of the face?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/08/2018 12:29 am
Abdulrahman
Reputable Member

Is it possible that lack of breastfeeding would lead to underdevelopment of the face?

That is the single biggest cause of CFD followed by soft food and mouth breathing.

When an infant breastfeeds he latches on to his mothers breast and holds the nipple by pressing it with his tongue against his hard palate. Then he engages suction to get the milk.

This action becomes second nature for an infant even when not breastfeeding and in time becomes his natural tongue posture throughout his life. 

Having the tongue gently pressed and suctioned to the palate provides the support needed to counter the downward pull of gravity and guide growth in a forward direction.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 17/08/2018 12:45 am
Apollo
Reputable Member

@Apollo some members here have mentioned that they were barely breastfed. I checked it out and apparently one should be breast fed by the mother for a minimum of 1 to 3 years in order to achieve proper development. This is true in my case (barely 2 months) and my brother has it worse with immune system issues due to only 2 weeks breastfeeding as a baby.

Yes, as Abdulrahman indicated above, breastfeeding seems to be important for instilling correct oral posture and transitioning to mature swallowing patterns without generalizing a suckle swallow beyond weaning. This is a good example of the kind of environmental factor which can modulate gene expression during crucial developmental years.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/08/2018 2:40 pm
SUGR1

Abdulrahman is very well informed. 

Timothy bromages research into extent of breastfeeding shows that in all primates they breastfeed until the molars come forward. This makes sense as in nature you do not have purses or soft foods. So they need to supplement diet with maternal milk until they can chew all food types. 

In humans this is around 24-30 months. Not many societies breastfeed for that long. 

Interestingly if you look at Scandinavian countries they paid maternity leave is 2 years so in those communities they get close to this critical period. Many argue Scandinavian’s are big and have jaw development due to Viking blood... but surely there is a correlation here with breastfeeding habits. The WHo publishes rates of breastfeeding around the world. I am fortunate to have travelled a lot and anecdotally the rate of breastfeeeding directly relates to the facial jaw structure and level of Dental mal occlusion. In fact japan for a long time had the lowest breastfeeding rates in the world of like 2-4 months and look at how society now accepts and desire for the completely crowded out canine in girls as it is cute.... lol. 

On the topic of claiming power... I really see no marked changes in his face. Soft tissue will change due to mewing etc but soft tissue just act as a drape over the bony land marks. Where the muscle inserts or attaches to the bone, extra muscle forces will cause bone remodelling but this is really most significant on the mandible and not so much on the Maxilla. His photos are in my opinion intentionally taken at different angles and lighting to give an illusion of change. But truely his nose, cheeks, mew line all look stagnant. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/08/2018 7:24 pm
EddieMoney and Apollo liked
Abdulrahman
Reputable Member

@SUGR1

Thanks for your kind comment and for sharing your feedback. It's always so informative and I learn something new every time.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 19/08/2018 1:24 am
Abdulrahman
Reputable Member
Posted by: SUGR1

Interestingly if you look at Scandinavian countries they paid maternity leave is 2 years so in those communities they get close to this critical period. Many argue Scandinavian’s are big and have jaw development due to Viking blood... but surely there is a correlation here with breastfeeding habits. The WHo publishes rates of breastfeeding around the world. I am fortunate to have travelled a lot and anecdotally the rate of breastfeeeding directly relates to the facial jaw structure and level of Dental mal occlusion. In fact japan for a long time had the lowest breastfeeding rates in the world of like 2-4 months and look at how society now accepts and desire for the completely crowded out canine in girls as it is cute.... lol. 

True, but I have made one interesting observation that might apply to the Japanese and explain why they like that. I had one friend from Bangladesh that looked so much like Arabs. I didn't know the reason at the time but we used to joke with him by asking him if there was a chance he was switched over with another kid at birth.

After I noticed he had malocclusion I invited him to see my doctor for consultation. His teeth were a mess and his inter molar width was very narrow. I wondered how could this be when his face looks relatively wide and health yet on the inside it's the opposite.

That's when it struck me, his face looks narrow for a Bangladeshi but wide for an Arab. Very wide zygomatic arches are a big distinguishing feature for some populations in Asia. I think if his maxilla and arch had developed properly to fit all the teeth his face would have looked allot wider and more consistent with his ethnic phenotype. That being said he looks really good the way he is now, and I can't see his face improving by going wider.

I think the same concept might apply to the Japanese phenotype. Some of their phenotype has pretty wide and robust jaws, so much so that it can look over developed versus the rest of the face. If a women with such phenotype grows with underdeveloped jaws, her outer appearance might look nicer but from the inside it will be a mess. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 19/08/2018 1:44 am
EddieMoney
Reputable Member
Posted by: SUGR1

True, but I have made one interesting observation that might apply to the Japanese and explain why they like that. I had one friend from Bangladesh that looked so much like Arabs. I didn't know the reason at the time but we used to joke with him by asking him if there was a chance he was switched over with another kid at birth.

After I noticed he had malocclusion I invited him to see my doctor for consultation. His teeth were a mess and his inter molar width was very narrow. I wondered how could this be when his face looks relatively wide and health yet on the inside it's the opposite.

That's when it struck me, his face looks narrow for a Bangladeshi but wide for an Arab. Very wide zygomatic arches are a big distinguishing feature for some populations in Asia. I think if his maxilla and arch had developed properly to fit all the teeth his face would have looked allot wider and more consistent with his ethnic phenotype. That being said he looks really good the way he is now, and I can't see his face improving by going wider.

I think the same concept might apply to the Japanese phenotype. Some of their phenotype has pretty wide and robust jaws, so much so that it can look over developed versus the rest of the face. If a women with such phenotype grows with underdeveloped jaws, her outer appearance might look nicer but from the inside it will be a mess. 

Funny you mention looking like an Arab. After my orthodontic treatment where my arch was narrowed and my upper jaw pulled back, people would confuse me for Levantine all the time. Interestingly after expanding my arch it never happens anymore . I think my newly flanged cheekbones may explain this.

Amazing how small details like  that can change perception so much. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/08/2018 7:58 am
GoTTi
Trusted Member

I’ve read around this forum.Eeven as a novice, who is advancing in understanding this all, your posts are not far from being dangerous for newbies to read. Ranging from these posts in here all the way to the post you made about a vaulted palate being associated a forward face.

Claimingpower himself has posted about his lips getting better. The pictures on his site prove they widened and become much more full. Mike Mew has taught us how the vermillion border can be improved. There aren’t racial exercises that have been known about for decades upon decades that are target towards plumping the lips up. I have seen case after case, one of them being RodyEad (I believe that’s his name) where the subjects lips have changed for the better. Mike mew has posted an adult case, a 27 year old (she’s in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pzL3ETuiKc ) that was treated by him that changed her her whole face for the better (maxilla and mandible changes have occurred, significant ones that mimic MARPE+ protraction. Hooked noses are caused by epigenetic factors, not genetic factors. Your nose shape can most definitely change if you fix your facial structure. Your height can change if you have a spinal problem that hasn’t manifested due to poor cranial facial support after you correct your craniofacial issues/general postural issues. LImbs are irrelevant. The lower jaw can be slide forward, which would make it appear wider and be widened by improving your masseters by inducing hypertrophy to the masseters from chewing hard gum, your chin can look stronger if you pull your mandible out of your neck,&  low hairline lol? What are you going on about dude? 

The fact is, if you’re ugly (have undesirable facial features (like bad eyebrows, for example) and are short, then that’s just too bad. However, you can optimize just about everything else ranging from nose to lips. For example, you can have a big fat nose and grow your face into it. You can look at many many people have sport HUGE noses well with the optimal amount of facial support. You can try mentally placing Chris Browns nose on Justin Timberlake. Let me know what you think about that. Also, typically people who improve their face often times experience the illusion of a bigger or smaller nose just because of those factors being addressed but a lot of the time the nose does change with the other progress as well

PS: a person’s nose, specifically the soft tissue, can appear to change due to the upturn or downturn of the nasal bones following maxillary changes. Same with the eyes. This is all related to maxillary changes. It’s common sense. Also, the soft tissue can be hooked down due to tight facial muscles that pull on the soft tissue making it “hook” downward.... that can be due to bad posture. But of course, some people do have that type of nose due to genetics and can only make subtle changes through their efforts on improving their craniofacial region. But a hooked nose isn’t always genetic is what I’m trying to point out.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/10/2018 1:02 pm
GoTTi
Trusted Member

Yea, I’ve seen CP’s post. I expected that from him simpky he did not want to use assisted growth appliances for protraction. He wanted to Mew after he wasted his time with thinking the Biobloc was gonna reverse all of the [Rude Language or Insults are not tolerated] that has happened to his face. He was adament to try face pulling or anything else because of how isn’t “job”. I honestly think he was either a scammer who didn’t do much of what he said he did (like he claimed he l face pulled for a year, which i think is bullshit, or chew mastic gum much. Or how that Neymar guy, who disappeared as fast as he manifested into the forum, helped him “advancance quickly” with that “maxilla method”. That guy may have been CP. Ever since BACK in the day, CP has tried to post bullshit. Like back when he was discussing potentially being treated with the DNA appliance, he was also trying to push an MLM by the name of Empower Network. He made a whole post about it. This was of course wiped out after he decided to put up pay walls.... 

The only things i can give em credit for was how he expanded his arches, reversed his extractions, and how he improved his lips. He also co facilities the “Mew movement”. He directed so many people to Dr.Mew & his work.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/10/2018 1:17 pm
Skull
Trusted Member

Man if you're not having results maybe your technique is mediocre, Mewing and chewing is not a scam lol, I'm seeing results at 25.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/10/2018 4:47 pm
Skull
Trusted Member

Hook noses are genetic.

Hooked nose or nose with "humps" can be a product of CFD. When the face grows down and back the ANS and A points don't grow forward and high enough to support the nose tip cartilage so it slides down creating the distinct hump.

This is interesting, do you think noses could improve through time with proper mewing by healthy developement of A and ANS points? I'm inclined to believe so

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/10/2018 5:16 pm
Abdulrahman
Reputable Member
Posted by: Skull

This is interesting, do you think noses could improve through time with proper mewing by healthy developement of A and ANS points? I'm inclined to believe so

I think it's possible, but I have not seen proof of that. Theoretically, when the A and ANS points move forward and upward they move the lower part of the nose in the same direction. But since the nose cartilage developed into a downward shape because of CFD, it's very likely the position of the lower nose will change but not the shape.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 25/10/2018 2:02 am
Skull liked
Abdulrahman
Reputable Member
Posted by: AloeVera

How do you strengthen the tongue? Any tips?

Correct swallowing and tongue chewing.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 01/11/2018 11:16 am