Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Any experience with MARPE?

SpaceDragon

Hey guys, 31 year old male from the Netherlands here. It's really hard to find dentists or orthodontists here who are into the newer methods discussed on this forum. I found a department of orthodontics at a university who apparently use MARPE as the standard treatment for expansion in adults. Going to see them in 2 weeks, as I convinced myself my face really needs some maxillary expansion. What are the experiences here with MARPE? Or has anyone been to this place?

Topic starter Posted : 20/11/2019 2:02 pm
Topic Tags
Jelly
Eminent Member

Hey, fellow Dutchie here. Curious where they use MARPE?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/11/2019 5:13 am
SpaceDragon

@jelly

The Radboudumc, I actually went there a couple of days ago and they were receptive to my wishes and complaints. They'll have a treatment plan for me in january, which will probably include some form of lower jaw surgery in addition to MARPE, to accommodate for the extra space, as my lower jaw is too narrow on itself already.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 03/12/2019 10:43 am
PvN
 PvN

@spacedragon + jelly

Thats funny. Also Dutch here, age 46. Ortho suggest marpe for me for upper jaw. Its to small and overjet etc. Perhaps we can whatsapp or talk about it. 

Peter

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/12/2020 6:47 am
whydidthishappentome

Hi guys, I live in NL but I'm not dutch (sadly).

@spacedragon and @jelly : Do you have contact info (e.g., website) for The Radboud UMC orthodontists that uses MARPE ? 

Or other orthodontists in the NL that use MARPE ? 

Thanks.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/01/2021 6:38 pm