Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Am I a lost cause? What am I doing wrong?  

RSS
Ozymandias

I have been mewing for one year and haven't made any progress, any ideas of things I could implement? I can't undergo DJS due to the malignant hyperthermia from general anesthetic and I'm sick of looking like this.

Posted : 08/01/2020 9:24 pm
facegettingworseandworse
Eminent Member

I got no clue, but just going to say you are good looking. weird teeth really isnt a massive deal. you have a decently rotated maxilla that is up and foward. nice eyes too

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/01/2020 12:04 am
Glitterous

Perhaps you need an appliance to aid you with initial expansion to help your tongue get on to the palate properly. 
Re-listen to all of Dr Mike Mew and his father's input tome sure you are still "mewing" correctly. Sometimes with time our method changes and we deviate from the initial start method.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/01/2020 5:48 am
ShaktiOm
Trusted Member

You may want to look into the myobrace. It may help with some of your crowding issues, but it will take time and patience. It will also help to train your tongue to function properly.

I have been wearing an offbrand from Amazon for the past few weeks. So far the experience has been positive but I do not have significant crowding issues. I just ordered the official large size myobrace, so I will be trying that out soon.

You can watch this video to learn more...

https://youtu.be/qKHXU-tWjoQ

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/01/2020 9:06 am