fbpx
Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

about chewing

Banknote
(@banknote)
50+ Forum Posts

I'm about to buy falim/mastic gum.

What is your routine with chewing gum?

A lei do esforço nunca falha

Topic starter Posted : 19/05/2018 9:23 pm
Abdulrahman
(@abdulrahman)
500+ Forum Posts

I chew gum for 30 minutes twice a day, once after breakfast and once after lunch for a minimum of 60 minutes. After each session I feel my teeth have settled in together differently from when I started. I don't use mastic, just falim, because I have tmj on my right side and mastic is too strong for that. There were times were I chewed for as much as 2 hours a day and it seems to have helped with my expansion but caused me tmj pain.

my story: http://www.aljabri.com/blog/my-story/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/05/2018 10:20 pm
Banknote liked
Banknote
(@banknote)
50+ Forum Posts

Posted by: Abdulrahman

I chew gum for 30 minutes twice a day, once after breakfast and once after lunch for a minimum of 60 minutes. After each session I feel my teeth have settled in together differently from when I started. I don't use mastic, just falim, because I have tmj on my right side and mastic is too strong for that. There were times were I chewed for as much as 2 hours a day and it seems to have helped with my expansion but caused me tmj pain.

I saw in another forum that chew shortens the jaw, Did your face become stronger?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 20/05/2018 7:38 pm
Abdulrahman
(@abdulrahman)
500+ Forum Posts

Posted by: Banknote

I saw in another forum that chew shortens the jaw, Did your face become stronger?

Good question, it became stronger but not shorter; longer in fact.

When I started my mewing journey I had class 2 malocclusion by 3mm. This means my lower jaw was too far back behind my upper jaw by a 3mm. Now this gap has closed and my occlusion is class 1 making my lower jaw a little longer but more in balance with my upper. I can't say this is due to chewing only as I am doing many other things including braces, forward head correction, tongue on the roof of the mouth, teeth together, etc.

my story: http://www.aljabri.com/blog/my-story/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/05/2018 8:12 pm
Banknote
(@banknote)
50+ Forum Posts

Posted by: Abdulrahman

Posted by: Banknote

Good question, it became stronger but not shorter; longer in fact.

When I started my mewing journey I had class 2 malocclusion by 3mm. This means my lower jaw was too far back behind my upper jaw by a 3mm. Now this gap has closed and my occlusion is class 1 making my lower jaw a little longer but more in balance with my upper. I can't say this is due to chewing only as I am doing many other things including braces, forward head correction, tongue on the roof of the mouth, teeth together, etc.

I have some facial development, but it can be much better , I'm mewing and chewing with my mouth open whenever possible and trying to swallow correctly, still too soon to see any result,

so I decided to buy FALIM / MASTIC gum to have a better performance, I still have to change my habits, tell me now about the orthodontic appliance, I'm thinking of using it, but I'm afraid of it, I do not want my face to stand back. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 20/05/2018 10:39 pm

THE GREAT WORK

Warning:
Your Cranial Sutures Need To Be open for CranioSacral / Jaw Development!