Forum

NOTICE:

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

A crooked smile? I wish it was that simple!  

RSS
Ela
 Ela
(@ela)

Hello, everyone!

I've never been a fan of photos. Actually, I hate having my picture taken!  It's all because my crooked smile. My lower lip devitates to the right. I always been aware of that. It's been a while since I found out about mewing - probably, more than a year- but just a month doing it properly (or that I thought). I noticed the tissue over my jaw doesn't lift up completely -it only lifts up the right part- I thought it would be fixed by itself. 

A couple days ago I inspected my face in detail: My face is slimmer, cheek is getting high. Mewing is finally showing some results... but only in the right side. No changes in the left side. The asymmetry is noticing even more. In that moment, I knew... I haven't been mewing correctly. I moved my jaw to the left and finally raised the whole tongue: the tissue dissapeared and my lips lined up.

The problem is this oral posture doesn't feel natural, even though it's the right one... It feels like I'm forcing it and purposely giving myself an assymetric jaw. -I know it's been only one day but I'm impatient to see some changes-. Do you think my jaw will center by itself if I continue with this posture? I'm scared but I feel this is the way to go. 

Here for some proof:

In the following two pictures, you can see how my lower lip is hiding and my smile deviates towards the right. (Yes, I did some research on the family album): 

These are from today. My lips look fuller but my jaw is a mess! But it feels right in this way -not natural though. I need to get used to it -. Hopefully, it will center itself:
This topic was modified 2 months  ago 8 times by Ela
ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/09/2018 12:49 am
Topic Tags
Abdulrahman
(@abdulrahman)
Estimable Member
Posted by: Ela

Do you think my jaw will center by itself if I continue with this posture? I'm scared but I feel this is the way to go. 

Hello Ela,

First you have nice looking lips. Allot of people would want to have full lips like you even if slanted to one side. So from an aesthetics stand point don't worry so much.

Now to your question. It depends whats the cause of the deviation. If it's soft tissue (muscles, ligaments, etc) it can be corrected fully with exercises and posture. If it's hard tissue (bones) then it less likely to correct.

Looking at your pictures I suspect you might have both which means you would be able to reduce it but not eliminate it completely. You can confirm this by taking an x-ray of your jaw. But before you consider that you might want to find out if you have scoliosis.

This condition causes all kinds of imbalances in the body and head. It might be whats causing your lips to slant. Trying to fix that with your jaw posture would be a waste of time if the cause is somewhere lower in your spine. 

name changed from abdul to Abdulrahman

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/09/2018 1:40 am
Share:

As you undergo correction in the near future, please consider keeping records for your own sake and for others. Pictures of dental impressions, scans, medical reports reports can be very helpful even with all personally identifying information blocked out.

Your input could help many, many people

Face Development

Working

Please Login or Register