fbpx
Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

4 months of palette expansion using the tongue

harrykanemaxilla
(@harrykanemaxilla)
200+ Forum Posts
784385D9 05FD 4407 A5F1 6DC5B2D5A832

5th November 2019

E1866F5A 8FD4 4C71 A403 30CEC3363926

March 19th 2020

Do you see any progress?

Topic starter Posted : 30/03/2020 5:33 am
Neigh liked
Azrael
(@azrael)
200+ Forum Posts
Posted by: @harrykanemaxilla

Do you see any progress?

Obviously, clear as day. Impressive.

What's your IMW? And how many teeth are visible when you smile (from the front profile)?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/03/2020 5:42 am
harrykanemaxilla
(@harrykanemaxilla)
200+ Forum Posts

@azrael

Seems like only the back of the pallete expanded. Although I believe this is because I have the retainer and also because when I mew the sides of my tongue hit the back teeth a lot more. My IMW was 33mm in June so I will have to remeasure it as accurately as I can to update you. I used to have 6 teeth smile now its almost 8 (almost because the premolars only show a little).

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 30/03/2020 5:46 am
gewgerg
(@gewgerg)
10+ Forum Posts

Everything behind the premolar has increased width is what I'm seeing.

I didn't see much room for expansion at the front to begin with.

What's your facial structure like?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/03/2020 7:24 am
sinned
(@sinned)
200+ Forum Posts

You should get rid of retainers and keep mewing mate, if there's no angle shenanigans here to me it looks like you've clearly expanded your palate. Maybe you should try pushing your tongue forward to get more anterior growth/expansion.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/03/2020 12:02 pm
harrykanemaxilla
(@harrykanemaxilla)
200+ Forum Posts

@gewgerg I believe there is still lots of room for expansion at the front of the pallete. It just hasn’t happened because of time, lack of force, and retainers. The reason why I believe there is more expansion to be done is because our ancestors had wider intercanine widths than us and this photo is what their palletes were like. Wider at the front than mine.

A3B8DA71 A978 4E96 A7E2 DD5383C6AD02

My facial structure is this:

01475155 E651 4219 92FB 49AF26349866
7A76AB54 DA18 40C5 B6A7 F811C106B070

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 30/03/2020 5:43 pm
harrykanemaxilla
(@harrykanemaxilla)
200+ Forum Posts

@sinned Do you think that I will get the gap between the front teeth if I take off the retainer and continue my mewing? I would like to see this gap as it would be a progress motivator and it is better than crooked teeth. My mewing technique is jaw jut so only incisors touch by resting on top of each other. I suction my tongue onto the palette by putting prosterior third on pallate and then sucking upwards and backwards the front teeth touching tip so that it is now suctioned on the incisive papilla. I then widen the tongue against the molars and this hurts my tongue a bit so I don’t do it very hard. At nighttime it’s unfortunately not as effective. When I fall asleep mewing like this, I painfully wake up 5 minutes later to my mandible falling backwards off the incisors to biting the sides of my tongue as it tries to find contact with the molars. I haven't been able to sleep mewing this way yet. I mew with teeth in contact while asleep but find that the next morning my mouth is all dry and im not mewing.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 30/03/2020 6:02 pm
harrykanemaxilla
(@harrykanemaxilla)
200+ Forum Posts
Posted by: @azrael

Obviously, clear as day. Impressive.

What's your IMW? 

Just measured my IMW as best as I could and it is 35mm so up 2mm from the last measurement of 33mm in June. My plastic retainer also does not fit on the molars anymore. Very happy that I levelled up my maxilla. At this rate I should reach 50mm in 6 more years but it might slow down as I approach 25 years of age. I am currently 18 years old.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 31/03/2020 12:23 am
Authority
(@authority)
10+ Forum Posts

Has your facial structure changed?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/03/2020 12:26 am
harrykanemaxilla
(@harrykanemaxilla)
200+ Forum Posts

@authority Difficult to say as I find that in photos its more difficult to spot changes than compared to observations in real life. However the problem with real life observations is that the placebo effect could come into play. Before mewing I was never looking at my face in the mirror but now with mewing I am checking it everywhere I go. My cheekbones look more defined in the 3/4 profile view however I can’t rule out the placebo effect. Nothing else has changed however.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 31/03/2020 12:45 am
sinned
(@sinned)
200+ Forum Posts

@harrykanemaxilla

It's possible, Jamo got a diastema after doing the same thing

https://the-great-work.org/community/main-forum/maybe-you-recognize-me-from-username-im-one-of-the-guys-in-the-success-thread-heheheehehehe-just-wanted-to-show-yall-a-14-month-palate-change-from-mewing/

"Having adequately expanded my dental palate to accomodate the posterior portion of the tongure (1.5 years) I began to focus on the anterior portion of the dental palate. All four upper incisors are now spaced apart by about 1mm which is **** crazy because they were crowded and right two years ago. The crooked lateral incisor is now isolated and free to rotate into a position inline with my lips and tongue. Basically I'm straightening my teeth again. I've been getting borderline braces-tier soreness in that region."

That's what he claims. If you want my personal opinion, a proper suction hold is difficult unless you have sufficient tongue space and a flat palate. I recommend just pushing forward above the front teeth and pushing up against the molars/back teeth. Note that pushing up is not going to do anything in regards to moving the maxilla up, it's just pushing up/raising the tongue up places an expansion force against the teeth. In my case, if I push up as hard as I can against the molars/back teeth it starts hurting in 2 mins, so there's no worries about whether there's enough force from the tongue, you don't want it to hurt though imo, that's too extreme and not sustainable

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/03/2020 3:01 am

THE GREAT WORK