Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

2 weeks of manual facepulling, with pictures.  

RSS
GenerationDoomer

Since there was a total lack of pictures and documentation showing whether facepulling could work or not, I decided to take it on myself and document what 2 weeks worth of facepulling could achieve. Here is what 2 weeks of sporadic facepulling can achieve. 

Has it actually worked? I'll allow the pictures to do the talking. 

Posted : 08/07/2020 8:26 pm
GenerationDoomer

The first picture was taken two weeks ago, the last one was taken today. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/07/2020 8:28 pm
krollic
Reputable Member

What was your method and what's your IMW increase?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/07/2020 1:51 pm
GenerationDoomer

@krollic

It was manual intermittent facepulling, but I did it a little differently. I used paper towel to increase my grip and used three fingers instead of just my thumbs to pull laterally. I can gently feel the suture open with my tongue when pull laterally. 

I didn't measure prior to facepulling, but I will be getting a digital calliper soon to monitor changes in my IMW over time. I think it feels much easier to get the back of my tongue up against the roof of my mouth. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/07/2020 2:09 pm
andreakv

Interestingly enough it looks like your soft palate Is no longer fused, look at the color difference. **edit: nvm that is your tongue

I however believe weak force won't do much for people like us. I have done the following:

Split the suture through very heavy forces yet a one time thing (takes a whole day), taped myself shut 24/7 except during chewing and then expanded the palate through tongue being glued to the palate all day. 

I believe most people unfortunately drop their tongue during sleep and during the day unknowingly and "lose" much of the dento alveolar expansion or teeth tipping from chewing and mewing.

Andreakv

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/07/2020 5:48 pm
GenerationDoomer

@andreakv

In my experience, it also took heavy forces to split the suture. I was able to accomplish this by getting the majority of my fingers up in my palate and pulling hard. 

It is interesting that you mention how most people lose their expansion from not having their tongue on the roofs of their mouth. I also believe this could be happening to me. Although mewing is getting easier for me to do, properly getting my entire tongue up against my palate cuts off my breathing. 

I have a soft myobrace that's wider than my palate, and I was wondering if it could potentially be used to retain my expansion from manual facepulling. What's your opinion on that? Could it act as a "retainer" for my expansion?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/07/2020 8:37 pm
Meowxilla
Eminent Member

Updates?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/11/2020 10:20 pm